PDA

View Full Version : Clip Loading the SKS 45

Art
12-31-2020, 12:06
Have you found that using stripper clips in an SKS requires the strength of an Olympic body builder?? I sure have. In fact the difficulty of loading a 10 shot clip in an SKS to me represents the major drawback of the system.

Here is a video on an easier way to strip in those ten rounds. I've tried it and while it doesn't make clip loading as slick as a Mauser, for me anyway, it sure made it a lot easier. Try it yourselves and let me know how it works for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKimLP0V2PY

FWIW I understand running those 10 round clips through a brass tumbler makes them a lot slicker too.

ut1seabee
01-01-2021, 09:58
Same method as used for Mosin Nagant or M39. Never thought of trying with SKS. Will do it next time I take one out.

Art
01-01-2021, 10:48
Same method as used for Mosin Nagant or M39. Never thought of trying with SKS. Will do it next time I take one out.

My old daddy was with the 61st NCB and served, among other places on Samar. I would have joined the Navy if they'd told me they would put me in the SeaBees but in "66 they weren't making guarantees so I went with the Army that was...more or less.

JOHN COOK
01-02-2021, 08:03
Clip Loading the SKS 45

Art, I tried this last night and it works like a charm.. Thanks for the info...

John in SC

- - - Updated - - -

Clip Loading the SKS 45

Art, I tried this last night and it works like a charm.. Thanks for the info...

John in SC