sid
12-30-2020, 11:56
Please let me know what you think of this one. Here is Dave Allen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxo81Ok9Urk

Sandpebble
12-30-2020, 12:54
Please let me know what you think of this one. Here is Dave Allen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxo81Ok9Urk

I grew up with the very same Catholic indoctrination .....

I also listened to Bill Cosby who profoundly stated that if you didn't fly right.... " God will reach down and bust your skull wide open "

childhood was terrifying .... but Bill Cosby took the edge off what the Nuns were on about.....

tmark
12-30-2020, 06:30
Having gone to a Catholic elementary school until eighth grade. that was TERRIFIC!

dryheat
12-31-2020, 04:16
Ah,boy. When our town got flouded we all ran for the hills. After a few weeks we came back down. Living in the hills was kind of fun. Anyway we wound up back in our flooded homes. It was a short turn-around. It was fall and we went back to school. OK, to make a this a SS, the local Catholic school was flooded so the students from there went to the Republican financed school(I don't know if that's true). So unbelievable these two angels from the Catholic school actually wound up in our wood shop class. Get this, one of the girls was named Christmas. I don't remember how those two did in woodshop. It was pretty chaotic in that class, although I still have the candle holder and butcher board I built. Ah,but. Those were the days of Joey Bishop. I think he was Jewish. So, just a little Jewish? Stop me.

Former Cav
12-31-2020, 04:26
yep, I grew up and went to catholic schools for 9 years.
the NUNS terrified me. Got the snot beat out of me for just showing up and I don't even know what I did wrong.
I hated school ALL of my life because of them.
Interestingly, I ended up getting a bachelors degree but I was 39 years old by then. I hated school.

jmm03
01-03-2021, 08:45
funny how a lot of us that went to catholic reform school have the same opinion of those dessicated sadistic fooking penguins... Jim

jmm03
01-03-2021, 08:55
oh and one more thing, I learned early on not to ask any logical questions, that would really get them puffed up... faith boy, you must have faith...

gremlin
01-04-2021, 09:40
did the nuns sharpen the edge of the rulers they smacked you with. then say, "GOD lovers you". greg

jmm03
01-04-2021, 10:44
sister Maura, my 8th grade math teacher broke a girls hand with a 3 foot yard stick wielded like a samurai sword, she was also good for bashing you in the back of the head with a giant signet ring that she turned around on her finger and then slap you with it yelling, "i'll crack your dome..." after awhile they took her away to nuns rest home or where ever, but I sure learned my math that year. Was a different time for sure. Jim

Former Cav
01-04-2021, 05:49
I was reading somewhere that a NUN got pregnant by a 13 year old boy.
I can't even imagine what that boy was thinking of.... the way it was wrote up...the nun had raped him and he didn't even know what was going on.
I'll betcha wouldn't go out with women dressed in black after that.!!
I think it was in England where it happened.

Billy Beeza
01-08-2021, 03:05
Going against the grain here. I went to Catholic elementary schools from kindergarten through 8th grade. Never had a bad or terrifying experience like you fellows described. Afterwards, attended Catholic high school for four years. Again, an exemplary experience.