PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus check.

S.A. Boggs
12-22-2020, 02:44
Invest half in more precious metal, Lyman #2 and canned food to add to our existing stock. This week will be experimenting on mixing powdered milk with chocolate drink mix or instant pudding. Powdered milk can also be used in coffee...just barely.
Sam

Art
12-22-2020, 05:26
Metals are another of those things that should have been bought over the years in anticipation of the current situation. Just a suggestion Sam; with gold just under $1,900.00 oz and silver just over $25.00 oz the best buys are going to be numismatic silver coins, uncirculated silver dollars, halves ect. They don't have to be slabbed but nice B.U. coins including American bullion Walking Liberty 1oz. Advice I got from a really knowledgeable friend in a previous metals boom. Just a thought.

I personally can't bear powdered milk, it does have a real long shelf life but canned condensed milk works well too and to my taste is just less nasty.

Good luck.

S.A. Boggs
12-22-2020, 03:57
The most interesting metal is what I can turn into projectiles...Mom nixed the gold-silver EXCEPT as jewelry. Heck, she already has 9 diamond rings that she hardly wears!
Sam

dryheat
12-22-2020, 11:07
S.A. don't get caught up in the stock(and metals)market. Don't get cocky. Don't take any investment advice from me.
Diamond or Zircon? You can always tell the Zircon. It's three times bigger.
I read that copper has hit a high so I'm taking my five gallon bucket of brass to the retrieving post. It can only go up from here.

Major Tom
12-23-2020, 04:24
I can't afford to buy precious metals, but I do scavenge brass casings and take them to the metal buyer by the 5 gal. bucket full.

Art
12-23-2020, 05:50
I can't afford to buy precious metals, but I do scavenge brass casings and take them to the metal buyer by the 5 gal. bucket full.

....so do I. All of my rimfire brass, reload brass that's past its prime and anything other people leave in my vicinity at the range gets thrown into a bag. Periodically it, all the aluminum and steel cans I've accumulated over several months go to the local scrap yard. It stays out of the landfill and gives me a few extra shekels.

I collected coins for several years back in the 1990s, silver was $5.00 an oz then, Wow!! I sold the stuff at a small profit help put our son through college.

BudT
12-24-2020, 04:38
S.A. I already have a extra pound of lead to cast into lead soldiers if I need to. I also have a extra can of beans in the pantry in case things go south so I wont starve. Powdered milk and chocolate might work if you put some sugar and a touch of brandy. I wont take the stimulus check if it comes with a covid shot attached to it I don't trust the government or their vaccine. Even if I did take the check unencumbered I would just give 1/2 to the wife to spend and spend my 1/2 on gun stuff. Merry Christmas S.A. Boggs, Major Tom and dryheat.