PDA

View Full Version : Can you see me now?

dryheat
11-25-2020, 07:05
Oh, let's see where are the instruction on this thing? This isn't the worst example. With my glasses and a magnifying glass with out good light I can't read the instructions on most packages. My eyes aren't that bad. This is right up there with trying to find the p.s.i figure on tires. I think congress should act. Maybe I'll sue someone because I blew up my tire because 45 looked like 85. The section on tires in the owners manual goes on for fifteen pages so they certainly want to cover themselves. No one thought that the p.s.i number could be bigger than 1/8"? I can sure read the name of the company.

lyman
11-25-2020, 08:23
wife had me make a recipe from the news paper a few days ago,

the ink in the paper had smeared or the typesetter (yes, all digital now) had the ink setting off,

the 1/8 and 1/4 all looked like a blob,

not that it mattered, the finished product was horrible, and tossed to the critters (and yes, I can cook)

Sunray
11-25-2020, 10:42
Oatmeal. 2 cups of water(not milk!) to 1 cup of oats(with 1/4 tsp each of ground cinnamon and nutmeg to make is stop tasting like wallpaper paste) and a 1/8 tsp of salt. Put salt in the water and bring to boil. Put in oats. Bring back to boil, put the lid on the pot and shut off the heat. Come back in 10 minutes or so. Rice is cooked the same way but without the cinnamon and nutmeg. Works every time no skill or brains required.
"...sue someone because I..." Operative word is "I". The defense will ask if you have glasses and were you wearing 'em?
"...read the instructions on most packages..." The Doc has me taking eye drops. The printing on the bottle and the box it comes in is so small I can't see it even with the specs and magnifying glass.