PDA

View Full Version : Duck Hunting with the Daughter and Grandson

Art
11-24-2020, 05:16
My daughter and I usually go on a guided duck hunt once a year. The first time we were covered up with birds and everybody shot a limit. The last couple of years not so much. We went today and it was very slow, three birds down and we lost one of those but it was a great day in the field.

Our son in law does not hunt and has had installing the gun safe they bought last year on his agenda ever since. Yesterday our daughter bought the grandbaby a BB gun (Red Ryder Carbine) for Christmas. Her spousal unit said that he guesses he has to get of the dime and get that safe in. To spur him along she took her 870 Wingmaster home. It's an early 1980s version that belonged to a friend of ours. He had put exactly one shell through it so it was as new, still looks great. We had been storing it since she got it 5 years ago, now it will be off our hands.

m1ashooter
11-24-2020, 09:26
You go out locally?

Art
11-24-2020, 09:29
Not locally but not far either, Oyster Bayou Hunting Club in Anahuac. Nice folks, good service.

bdm
11-25-2020, 11:52
I still have my Red Ryder BB Gun i got when i was 5 years old grew up learning everything about safety and firearms

togor
11-26-2020, 08:04
My son sawed the stock off of his Daisy BB gun. I guess to make it a "tanker" or "paratrooper" version.