PDA

View Full Version : CMP Service Grade Pistol

Conductor
11-15-2020, 10:18
Back during the last week in October I forgot my cellphone and left it in the car overnight. About noon the next day I realized what I had done, and went out and got it. There were several missed calls, none of which I recognized, and two voicemail messages. One of the voicemails was from a very nice lady at CMP, telling me that I had been selected to receive one of the 1911 pistols, and that I had 5 days in which to respond.
So I selected a service grade pistol, gave them my credit card number, and was told that I would receive an email when the gun was ready to ship. The email came the following Monday, and I was able to pick up the gun on Wednesday, the 28th.
It's an Ithaca, made in 1943 (my birth year!) and looks pretty good. It's an obvious rebuild, and looks like it was dropped and landed on the rear sight. The barrel looks to be a replacement, marked MP on the left side of the barrel lug. Other than that, it's really pretty nice. I don't have any other 45ACP pistols, so have no ammo right now. As soon as I can, I'll take it out to the back yard and see how it shoots.

Sunray
11-17-2020, 10:22
It all Ithaca or just the frame? Just curious.

Johnny P
11-17-2020, 03:52
Is the MP together, or separated M P? Some of the post WWII barrels were magnafluxed. The P is for Proofed.

Conductor
11-18-2020, 04:06
It all Ithaca or just the frame? Just curious.

It's all Ithaca, from what I can determine. If I could figure out how to post some pics, I would do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the MP together, or separated M P? Some of the post WWII barrels were magnafluxed. The P is for Proofed.

There is a definite space between the M and the P.