PDA

View Full Version : Another one???

S.A. Boggs
10-21-2020, 12:38
Hadn't been in one of the gun shops that is on the other end of the county for several months so I decided to drop by today. Back when the pandemic was breaking loose I sold the owner two cases of Wolf 5.56 that my Mini would not group with. He was happy to get it as his supplies had dried up and needed more. As soon as I walked in the door with Wolf in the lead I was asked if I had any more ammo for sale, I did not.
I told him I was on a look see and he said that the pickings were slim to none. He did say that a couple of weeks ago he did buy several pistols from an older gent and had only two left. A nickel S&W break open and a Ruger automatic. I asked to see the Ruger and it is a P89 9mm "Special Edition" and it appears NEW. Everything is in the box just like the day it left the Factory and appears unfired after leaving Ruger. Price tag was $399 and I asked him how much I could get it for. He thought a few seconds and said $350 out the door. Considering the current market and not much available I jumped on it. I only had $160 in cash so I told him I would pick it up next Wednesday when I was back up in that section of the county.
I can't find any info on the Special Edition, anyone know?
Sam

Gun Smoke
10-21-2020, 01:09
Davidson's is a large gun distributor in the U.S. It appears they are the ones that offered the "Special Edition" per this article. You will need to read down on the comments to see what others are saying about it.

https://www.rugerforum.net/threads/special-edition-p89.70786/

S.A. Boggs
10-21-2020, 01:21
Davidson's is a large gun distributor in the U.S. It appears they are the ones that offered the "Special Edition" per this article. You will need to read down on the comments to see what others are saying about it.

https://www.rugerforum.net/threads/special-edition-p89.70786/

Thanks, more then what I knew. I now have 5 Ruger's in my paddock.
Sam

S.A. Boggs
11-03-2020, 04:09
I have had a few days for a look-see and the P89 is over built! I was able to buy a box of 25 Hornady Critical Defense for $25.00. I am going with new brass to load as fired has too many Glock fired ones.
Sam

RED
11-05-2020, 08:23
I still say if you are looking and buying guns, ammo, and toilet paper... you have been brain dead for years.

computermedic
11-06-2020, 10:04
Sam
If you need 9mm brass let me know I have extra, I'm not far from Athens so can take a motorcycle ride to given you some. I still have brass I have not loaded that I shot in my 659 9mm I carried when I was law enforcement in the 90's and early 2000's

S.A. Boggs
11-06-2020, 12:34
Sam
If you need 9mm brass let me know I have extra, I'm not far from Athens so can take a motorcycle ride to given you some. I still have brass I have not loaded that I shot in my 659 9mm I carried when I was law enforcement in the 90's and early 2000's

PM sent!
Sam