PDA

View Full Version : Man shoots his stuff off at the grocery store, runner-up for the Darwin Award

jon_norstog
09-21-2020, 08:51
The guy was carrying and he took his piece out to show it off ...was stuffing it back into his waistband I guess and accidentally shot himself. The paper says he got "Gruesome wound" out of the deal. My own thought is if you are accident prone don't carry a semi-auto.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020/09/oregon-man-shoots-self-in-groin-while-showing-off-gun-in-supermarket-checkout-line-cops-say.html

jn

dryheat
09-22-2020, 01:03
That's going to leave a mark.

free1954
09-22-2020, 02:18
that'll teach him to go around half cocked.

JB White
09-22-2020, 03:28
But he saved $55!

https://oregonchl.org

I have no idea what the medical and legal costs will be, not to mention the loss of income. That and his voice might be several octaves higher? All over spilled nuts at the checkout counter.

dryheat
09-22-2020, 03:32
-not to mention the loss of income.-

That depends on the reviews. ba da tush.

This is the second,maybe third story I've heard like this. I'm sure there are a ton more. But these involve flesh. Quick draw McGraw shoots his dick off, shoots a hole in the car, kitchen, bedroom, ect. I've done it. Everyone I know that shoots including shooting instructors have done it. None of my circle has lost any flesh. The classic is: rack the slide. The round flies out. remove the clip. The fire the pistol in some, hopefully, safe direction. No, point it at your friend "for a joke". It a magic trick: how can an empty gun kill you? No such thing as magic. Never point a gun(even if it's empty) at anything you don't want to be shot. Now doesn't that make sense? Two year olds waving toy guns around in the house makes me a little flinchy. The guy pulled a gun out of his ass in a grocery store to show it to his friend who may have been a nitwit as well. Then he tried to stuff it back into his waistband and shot himself. That just never happens at the stores I shop at. I'd have noticed.

SUPERX-M1
09-22-2020, 05:11
Accidental discharge of firearm is illegal in various ways and in different jurisdictions and often leads to prosecution.

Why some like the Israeli carry (reasons against it tho), da/sa pistols, hammer style, and do not like the Glock type (lots of A D ) I am afraid of sa pistols with only one manual safety, and esp the Glock types (the trigger and no safety). The argument is that all you need is proper training.

THe 1911 has a manual thumb safety and a manual grip safety which is depressed automatically by web and palm of hand. I and most everyone gives the 1911 a thumbs-up.

Vern Humphrey
09-22-2020, 06:39
Accidental discharge of firearm is illegal in various ways and in different jurisdictions and often leads to prosecution.

Why some like the Israeli carry (reasons against it tho), da/sa pistols, hammer style, and do not like the Glock type (lots of A D ) I am afraid of sa pistols with only one manual safety, and esp the Glock types (the trigger and no safety). The argument is that all you need is proper training.

I carry an M1911 and make my own holsters. I make mine with a leather "cam" or button sewn on the back of the holster which engages the safety lock. I test these holsters by taking a cocked but UNlocked (and empty, of course) gun and shoving it into the holster. When I pull it out, it's locked -- forced into the safe position by the "cam."

Sako
09-22-2020, 10:16
that'll teach him to go around half cocked.
Or maybe half of a cock.

Sunray
09-22-2020, 10:25
"..."Gruesome wound"..." I"d bet it doesn't any more. snicker.
"...Accidental discharge of firearm is illegal..." Where? Just curious. That's like saying being stupid is illegal.
There's no such thing as an "accidental discharge". It's operator failure.

Gun Smoke
09-22-2020, 10:55
Or maybe half of a cock.

Perhaps people won't call him "d**khead" any more.

Vern Humphrey
09-22-2020, 01:08
Perhaps people won't call him "d**khead" any more.

He used to be, but he shot it off.

JB White
09-23-2020, 06:49
Borrowing from Toby Keith:

He ain't as good as he once was, and can't be good once as he ever was.

dryheat
09-24-2020, 01:15
Reminds me of the story told by Clifford Irving or Irving someone about the girl that decided that to get rid of her stalker she could just blow him and that would end his energy. Bad ending.