PDA

View Full Version : If People Start Flying Again....

togor
09-19-2020, 02:12
Worth a watch

https://youtu.be/SZB4_-tiRt0

lyman
09-19-2020, 03:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIIcki3fsVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIIcki3fsVs

Major Tom
09-20-2020, 04:07
My wife and I recently renewed our drivers licenses and wanted to get that gold star in case we have to fly some where. We both have been married before. The DOT wanted absolute proof of ALL our previous marriages, divorces and our marriage licenses, our old drivers license, S.S. card, auto registration and (tongue in cheek) what kind of toilet paper we used. It is a tremendous hassle to say the least. Neither one of us kept our old divorce papers or our older marriage licenses. We were married in Las Vegas 31 years ago. Our DOT would not accept that Las Vegas marriage license. So, we ended up not trying to get that damn gold star.

oscars
09-20-2020, 04:47
Getting the certified license is no big deal unless there was a name change. All I had to provide was my DD214 (proof of birth date), a form 1099 with SSN and two docs with addresses.

togor
09-20-2020, 05:58
For my kids, a birth certificate, SS card got them the certified DL. On my next DL renewal I may go that route but flying international it's the passport anyways. Of course can't fly international for work in 2020 as the USA is on most of the bad lists.

JOHN COOK
09-20-2020, 12:43
I used. CWP, drivers lic. , pass port and two registered Letter envelopes..Took about thirty minutes. Couple of people ahead of me...

John in SC

S.A. Boggs
09-20-2020, 01:30
For my kids, a birth certificate, SS card got them the certified DL. On my next DL renewal I may go that route but flying international it's the passport anyways. Of course can't fly international for work in 2020 as the USA is on most of the bad lists.

Togey, reading yours and RKT posts apparently neither one of you need aircraft. 8 MILES HIGH?
Sam

Roadkingtrax
09-20-2020, 02:22

We've resigned to flying with our passports. As frequent international travelers, this Covid pandemic, and the subsequent political failures from our leadership, have really altered travel plans...for now.

S.A. Boggs
09-20-2020, 05:22
We've resigned to flying with our passports. As frequent international travelers, this Covid pandemic, and the subsequent political failures from our leadership, have really altered travel plans...for now.

Perhaps Pebbles will invite you to stay with him when he leaves after President Trump is re elected.
Sam

Major Tom
09-21-2020, 07:05
My point was, why do divorced women have to provide past marriage licenses and divorce papers? Seems discriminating to me. And, why isn't a Las Vegas marridge license NOT recognized?

togor
09-21-2020, 07:28
My point was, why do divorced women have to provide past marriage licenses and divorce papers? Seems discriminating to me. And, why isn't a Las Vegas marridge license NOT recognized?

Is this because of name change? That's the only reason I would think.