PDA

View Full Version : Uberti revolvers

kj47
08-04-2020, 02:43
Been looking at getting 1873 style six shooter, price of Colts is out of my budget. Looked some Uberties locally, finish and fit look good. Any body have one and what are your expieriances with them? Thanks.

Former Cav
08-04-2020, 03:37
I bought a 2000 edition in 45 colt.
shot very well and was trouble free

Johnny P
08-05-2020, 03:06
Been shooting a Cimarron, made by Uberti, for about 20 years with no problems. Their faux color casehardening isn't that great, but otherwise fit and finish is excellent.

RCS
08-05-2020, 05:33
I have three Uberti revolvers, one 1851 and the other 1861 that were incomplete and not
working gun show finds that I rebuilt into 38 S&W cartridge conversions and the third
is a nice S&W Russian in 44 Russian cal, On the cartridge conversions, it was easy to
buy Uberti internal parts. I enjoy shooting all three Uberti revolvers47971

Major Tom
08-05-2020, 06:12
I own 2 Uberti revolvers, a 1860 colt and a 1858 remington. I chose Uberti over all the other makes because of Uberti's fit, finish and accurate reproduction of original guns.

JB White
08-07-2020, 07:29
I've had a few cap and ball revolvers over the years. Uberti always tended to be on par or better than the others. The small ways add up.

I picked up an older used Uberti 1875 Remington 'outlaw' in 45 Colt a while back. It came in a Navy Arms repair box. I don't think NA looked very far because the little annoyance was fixed by me in short order.
Newer springs were not compatible with the older models but a little instruction here on this sight helped me to overcome that too. Its a great revolver now.

Uberti QC is up to snuff with the major makers now. So, I don't believe you would run into the piddly problems I did. You should be quite pleased. There are a lot of different 1873 Uberti clones out there. Shop around for the options you want. There are also some economy grades available. Unless you plan to customize yourself, or are willing to put up with a basic model with less fitting and a cheaper finish, you may want to pay for the upgrades in advance. Check Cimmaron and Taylors etc. They stand behind the work.

As an aside, back when Colt reintroduced their black powder revolvers they used all Uberti parts. Put it all together with their finish and brand name.

kj47
08-07-2020, 10:38
Thanks guys, picking up a cattleman next week.