PDA

View Full Version : Home Invasion Shooting

JOHN COOK
07-14-2020, 10:15
I have not seen this posted or have I seen it on the news. If it has been posted I apologize for repeating. This occurred in Florida about four days ago.

It appears the home owner in the shooting was a gun enthusiast and someway the intruders had information that he had weapons. Victim was in his home playing video game and heard glass breaking and immediately grabbed a weapon and went to his hallway and met three black male in single file (they were armed) he fired at the first intruder, then the second ,dropping them and then fired at the third hitting him but not dropping him. he attempted fourth shot but weapon jammed and intruder ran out and was confronted by the home owners neighbor. The intruder was held until sheriff deputies arrived and took him in custody. the two deceased and the wounded had extensive criminal back grounds. Home owner not arrested, Sheriff stated Florida' Castle law covers the shooting. ( My thoughts ) Sort of a Sgt York in reverse.:icon_e_surprised:

john in SC

lyman
07-14-2020, 10:21
read about this elsewhere,

seems the guy put a lot of info out on the web and the bad guys found it , as far as habits, and collection owned,

and also read the surviving yutes will be charged for the deaths of the others,

PWC
07-14-2020, 10:42
Sirvibing bad huy is charged wiyh the deaths of the other two because it was a crime involving a mureder
Owner is uncharged

blackhawknj
07-14-2020, 11:27
A good example of why I do not post pictures of my collections (OK, I confess, I don't know how.). The digital age has eroded much of our privacy and made people much more indiscreet.
"Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead." Ben Franklin

JimF
07-14-2020, 04:36
A good example of why I do not post pictures of my collections (OK, I confess, I don't know how.). The digital age has eroded much of our privacy and made people much more indiscreet. . . . .

I do NOT advertise my hobby anywhere . . . .

No NRA decals on my car windows . . .

No bumper stickers either.

Way back in the 1960’s, in Norwalk, Connecticut, there was a burglary . . . firearms stolen.

When dirt-bags were caught, they were asked how they “operated.”

“Easy,” they said, “We simply followed a vehicle displaying NRA stickers around ‘til he pulled in his driveway.”

Later, after dark, they “made their move.”

tmark
07-14-2020, 06:55
I think it is wise for gun owners to keep a low profile! This story examplifies why.

Mark in Ottawa
07-14-2020, 08:32
Here is a link to the story: https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/local/pascocounty/pasco-homeowner-shoots-armed-intruders-home-invasion/67-202ec38a-761e-48e0-be15-5b95978a91ed

Gun Smoke
07-14-2020, 08:36
As posted in a recent thread: I live outside of the city limits and always have. I use to shoot in my yard. Now I don't due to so many people moving in nearby. Legally I still can shoot all I want but don't because I don't want people to know I have guns.

The only exceptions are 22's. Most everyone who has a gun has a 22. I can only shoot one at a time so no one would know if I had just one or 50. Even at that I shoot 22CB's (shorts). They are plenty powerful enough to blast a snake or squirrel and make little noise.