PDA

View Full Version : A sobering conversation this afternoon...

jjrothWA
07-04-2020, 08:29
My neighbor Jerry, drove up as I was cleaning weed-wacking debris, this afternoon.

Joe, I have some shotguns tha have the "plug" in adn I want to remove them, as I am troubled by the detering atomsphere.

I responded that Friday is an off day and we can get them cjhnged and detailed.

I suggested getting his deer rifle check-out to reduce the pattern is shoots.

He twelve years my senior and I am 67 on the fifth.

Sound like my destiny for my country is coming due.

The Lord Bless this country and guide us.

dryheat
07-05-2020, 01:41
Turn off the t.v. Take a walk and relax. Breathe in, breathe out. You can do that. Try it, you'd be surprised. It's goofy yoga,but it works. The weirdos are probably miles from you.

free1954
07-05-2020, 03:44
Turn off the t.v. Take a walk and relax. Breathe in, breathe out. You can do that. Try it, you'd be surprised. It's goofy yoga,but it works. The weirdos are probably miles from you.

ain't that the truth. around here [northeast PA] all you see are good things going on, food giveaways, scout troops and neighbors shopping and making deliveries. yesterday instead of people packing together to watch the parades they took the parades through the neighborhoods. all the news show are the bad things going on.
i agree. turn off the t.v.

lyman
07-05-2020, 06:47
sound advice,

Mark in Ottawa
07-05-2020, 12:08
Regarding the News. Remember the old newspaper saying: "If it bleeds, it leads". The media need to get the attention of potential readers / viewers and always emphasize the worst of things even though they are not necessarily representative of society. Unfortunately politicians tend to follow the same approach.

Former Cav
07-11-2020, 03:20
speak softly, carry a big boomstick.

RED
07-11-2020, 05:12
Way too many people in important offices have no idea what Americans are. They are free willed individuals and reject group-think. They are unique people and differ from people from any other culture or country. They question authority... period.

There are those that think that everything wrong in today's world is due to Donald Trump. The truth is Trump can't tell Americans what to do,

Mandatory masking is an example. Americans won't fall into lock step without first being convinced that the need exists. That won't happen.

For example, a Texas college student was tested positive for the virus. So he throws a party for a few dozen friends and they all throw money into a pot to go to the first party goer that gets the virus. At least one person there was hospitalized and as he was dying he told his nurse "I may have made a mistake."

Then there is the Tampa Bay football player that also owns a horse stable, invited 2,000 of his closest friens over for a celebration... no masks or distancing required.

Things like that are what makes it inevitable everybody that exists will be, sooner or later, be infected. All the make believe shutdowns, masking, and etc. merely prolong the disease.

dryheat
07-11-2020, 10:57
-as he was dying he told his nurse "I may have made a mistake."
Probably never happened.
But a parable for people who flaunt safety.
Yes, we are free willed, but you don't want to be a dumbass. Me; someone who has done the same dumb thing enough times to p*** me off.

RED
07-12-2020, 02:17
-as he was dying he told his nurse "I may have made a mistake."
Probably never happened.
But a parable for people who flaunt safety.
Yes, we are free willed, but you don't want to be a dumbass. Me; someone who has done the same dumb thing enough times to p*** me off.

Mybe never but here is the story...

https://abc11.com/covid-party-19-death-coronavirus/6312899/

togor
07-14-2020, 05:54
So Red is your strategy to get it sooner or later?