PDA

View Full Version : Help finding holster

devildog
06-19-2020, 04:54
Need help finding holster that helps concealed carry w/Springfield XDE 9mm 3.3. Already bought a number that claim to fit but don’t. Main thing to to find one that doesn’t allow the grip of the XDE to “print “
so bad under a light shirt it looks like I got a hockey stick under my shirt. Texas weather ya need light shirt...Anybody with XDE an help?
Semper Fi. devildog

m1ashooter
06-19-2020, 08:26
Hell I've given up and just buy really big shirts. I'm portly.

Dan in NH
06-21-2020, 05:39
don't have an xde, but I've concealed glocks and siigs well with Milt Sparks summer specials and 55BN's

Dan Shapiro
06-22-2020, 05:58
X-lg 'T' Shirt.

Have a friend who is as thin as a rail. In order to have "buttocks", he has to cram napkins into his rear pockets. X-lg is the only way he can go and still carry concealed.

Have you looked at the "Sneaky Pete"? It believes in hiding in plain sight.

https://sneakypeteholsters.com/springfield-xde-3-3-holsters/

dryheat
06-23-2020, 01:21
Physics. Invisibility is hard to achieve. A nice form fitting holster doesn't conceal the butt. I'm thin but stuffing your bra is just creepy. Fanny packs aren't in style anymore but maybe a purse. In a moments notice I just put the pistol in my jeans pocket and stay pointed "upstream". But that's not everyday carry. Get a smaller pistol. One of those weird barbers large shirts might be the answer. I never have considered an ankle holster unless I was tied up in a warehouse. "Excuse me, I need to scratch my foot".

devildog
06-23-2020, 03:40
Folks...Thanks for the replies, but I think I shoulda 'splained what I was looking for better...For the XDE I was hoping some member might be an owner of an XDE and had found or knew of a paddle type holster, which I prefer, that might
help cut down the "printing " of the grip so bad. I suppose I could wear trench coat or large garments, but I think that might be a bit obvious in 90+ temps...Comp-Tec makes a great paddle holster that is close to what I would like but for all the Springfields (M,S etc), but not the XDE. They will someday, but I figure only if several hundred owners order one. So thanks for the help and suggestions.
Semper Fi! devildog

m1ashooter
06-23-2020, 08:33
Have you checked out these guys?

https://www.craftholsters.com/springfield-xde-holsters?page=2

devildog
06-23-2020, 08:54
Thanks for the info on this maker. Several possibilities and a good number in the stock for that weapon. Howdy from
right near the George Ranch, Shooter...
Sempo Fi! devildog

S.A. Boggs
06-24-2020, 05:04
Folks...Thanks for the replies, but I think I shoulda 'splained what I was looking for better...For the XDE I was hoping some member might be an owner of an XDE and had found or knew of a paddle type holster, which I prefer, that might
help cut down the "printing " of the grip so bad. I suppose I could wear trench coat or large garments, but I think that might be a bit obvious in 90+ temps...Comp-Tec makes a great paddle holster that is close to what I would like but for all the Springfields (M,S etc), but not the XDE. They will someday, but I figure only if several hundred owners order one. So thanks for the help and suggestions.
Semper Fi! devildog

How about a custom holster making something for you. I have a local lethersmith who is backed up @ least 6 months. He makes my holster's/rigs to my spec. My carry is a Sig P220 w/4 magazines shoulder holster. I wear a t-shirt and a jeans vest to cover me, in one pocket my phone and my eyeglass case in the other pocket.
Sam