PDA

View Full Version : Passive agression

barretcreek
06-19-2020, 11:23
A union boss walks into a bar from the factory next door, and is about to order a beer, when he sees a guy at the far end of the bar wearing a "TRUMP, Make America Great Again" cap with a mug of beer sitting in front of him.

The union boss doesn't need to be an Einstein to know that this guy is a Republican, so he shouts over to the bartender so loudly that everyone can hear, "Drinks for everyone in here, bartender.... but not for the 'Republican."

Soon after the drinks have been passed out, the Republican gives him a big smile, waves at him then says, "Thank you!" in an equally loud voice.

This infuriates the 'Union Boss'.

After a few minutes, the union boss once again loudly orders drinks for everyone except the Republican. As before, this doesn't seem to bother the Republican. He nods and smiles, and again yells, "Thank you!"

A few more minutes pass and the union boss orders another round of drinks for everyone except the Republican.

Frustrated that he can't seem to get the guy angered, the union boss asks the bartender, "What is wrong with that Republican? I've ordered three rounds of drinks for everyone in the bar but him, and all the dummy does is smile and thank me. Is he nuts...?"

"Nope," replies the bartender. "He owns this place."

MY ADVICE TO ALL DEMOCRATS, LIBERALS, AND ALL LEFTIES: WHEN YOUR HORSE DIES, ITS TIME TO DISMOUNT..

What did we say about being an Einstein? Guess it's time to go back to the 'Lower Education' that you missed out on! You just got schooled!

Sandpebble
06-19-2020, 02:52
Well that was a funny joke... but in reference to your post ....

believe it or not I've not voted Democrat once in my life .... yet .....however

I can't deny that as a working blue collar and small business owner I've gone into long periods of starvation before the end of every Republican Presidency I've lived through

and always made all my money under a Dem President.... and here we are again...these past three years have not been kind to me as a small business owner

rayg
06-19-2020, 03:49
Did the virus shut down affect your business?

Sandpebble
06-20-2020, 03:01
Did the virus shut down affect your business?

Well Ray my post above referred to pre virus days,
In what we do rising costs { as in 17 % } of materials , labor and insurance costs were forcing me to ask prices clients can't afford . Not to mention my tax break wasn't .

A large portion of the inhabitants of the buildings we maintain are retired on set incomes and any increase I request is reflected in higher association fee's and that hurt's.

Now to your specific question of the shutdown effecting my business. Well sure, we lost restaurant clients for one. We gave up one 90 condo building because no one wanted to come to work any more through fear of working in buildings filled with over 55s. { we have a building with 2 covi cases +1 death} and lured by unemployment bennies .

Covi related is this sad fact. We used a Lysol product that used to cost us $5.85 a jug. Last year I was paying $8.75 and we buy a lot of jugs. Two months ago I paid $13.75 and two days ago I couldn't find it under $22.75 a jug.

It's not all grim, we've kept our favorite client and slashed costs. We've discovered that not paying employee's , matching taxes plus payroll services along with a huge drop in workers comp and liability insurance fee's and an immense cut in needed materials .....wasn't so bad. We're pretty close to the same income with far less headaches .

dryheat
06-21-2020, 07:12
A man on the street story.

Former Cav
07-25-2020, 03:01
I used to own residential rental properties in suburban MPLS for about 24 years, and the democrats did a great job of getting me to SELL and move out of MN!
I lost a lot of money and had to pay taxes on it besides.
They like siding with criminals and never do wells!
Glad I left that bastion of liberalism. The renters missed me as we contained the rental increases. After we sold, they called up to sing the blues to us.