jjrothWA
06-05-2020, 09:01
Any one translate these marking???

7.9 is the 8X57 common designation.

THe shipping carton indicates no strippers [fara lame]

Thanks

bruce
06-05-2020, 10:57
Yugoslavian. You may find some have strippers. The strippers work very well both for 8mm ammo in Kar-98 as well as, to a degree, for .30-06 in the 03/03-A3 rifles. In my Kar-98's, this ammo shot to the sights. Very good accuracy. Snappy recoil. Berdan primed. Sincerely. bruce.

jjrothWA
06-06-2020, 05:51
So any idea what the bullet weight is? going thrugh a CZ-24.

Willclean with hot soapy water and rinse with hot or think I have twocans of wwIIGI bore cleaner.

bruce
06-06-2020, 06:12
Use boiling water and dishwashing liquid. Simply unsurpassed for cleaning a bore exposed to corrosive priming residue. It is 100% effective. As well, the boiling water gets the metal so hot that it dries itself. Oil with any good quality gun oil. Check the next day, but if done properly you will have no problems at all. I used this with Russian, German, Chinese and Yugoslavian surplus ammo in a number of rifles. Results were consistently excellent. Bullet weight of the Yugoslavian 8mm is I believe 198 gr, i.e., heavy ball. I used this stuff in a number of Yugoslavian and German K-98 rifles. Also fired some Egyptian ball ammo. That stuff was wicked evil in recoil. Have no idea how it was loaded, but I swore that stuff off. Will say, if you put a little 4 inch black bullseye on a piece of plywood and nail that to a great big yellow pine, the bullets will go in one side and out the other like you were shooting sheet rock. Same with the Yugoslavian stuff. But, the Yugoslavian did not give any problems with sticky extraction. Also, shoot enough of that ball through a tree and the day will come when that great big old tree will come down. Just a word to the wise. Sincerely. bruce.

Tuna
06-06-2020, 07:48
The boxes in the first photo may be Romanian? I believe the Fara Kame is Romanian. If it is Romanian then it may just may be steel case. Bullet weight would be 154 gr. But I am not 100% sure. The others are Yugo for sure at the 198 gr. weight as Bruce said.

Liam
08-07-2020, 05:56
Romanian. "fara lame" literally "without blades," but think it means loose ammo, not on stripper clip. Second Yugo, as stated.

jjrothWA
08-08-2020, 05:31
Tango Yankee!

musketshooter
09-27-2020, 07:43
It is 198 grain. They have very hard primers. Be sure and have a stout firing pin spring