PDA

View Full Version : Second wave

dryheat
05-26-2020, 05:40
I seem to have found that the more people talk(and freak out) about something, the less the chance that it will happen.

clintonhater
05-26-2020, 05:57
You think maybe that's the theory behind the 24/7 media frenzy?

Now the emergency hospitals set up all over the country in places like civic centers, Central Park, etc, & like the two hospital ships, never used, are being dismantled. Hundreds of millions more squandered to pacify fear-mongers like Dictator Cuomo.

togor
05-26-2020, 06:10
You think maybe that's the theory behind the 24/7 media frenzy?

Now the emergency hospitals set up all over the country in places like civic centers, Central Park, etc, & like the two hospital ships, never used, are being dismantled. Hundreds of millions more squandered to pacify fear-mongers like Dictator Cuomo.

It's like you live in a different world than everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

I seem to have found that the more people talk(and freak out) about something, the less the chance that it will happen.

Well in Tornado Alley, that is precisely the point.

dryheat
05-26-2020, 07:22
The tornadoes still show up but the folks are more prepared.

S.A. Boggs
05-26-2020, 07:55
2nd verse same as the first!:eusa_shhh:
Sam

Sandpebble
05-26-2020, 12:45

Like Democrats are going to take all our guns away .... ( even though gun ownership has increased more for every year a Dem has held the Presidency than a Republican since we were children }

dryheat
05-26-2020, 09:17
They are slow to catch on. They fan the fire in a way.

-2nd verse same as the first!-
You're on the ball. But tornadoes we know. A "second wave" seems Y2K to me. Y2K was a big spoof. The computer guys probably had fun with the joke and the media went along with it(smart guys from India have a great sense of humor, I've met them). A Second Wave is more like, an asteroid might hit the Earth someday. Maybe a little better odds than that but you get the idea. The media(or whatever acronym you guys use) will surely run with it.
There have been second waves, but it's not guaranteed. But it's a boogie man.