PDA

View Full Version : Two reporters grill Trump in press conference

rayg
05-12-2020, 03:42
The original article said that.."Trump storms off"..... When in fact, he just walked off..
These two reporters apparently are not neutual reporters, but Dem's doing what Dem's do, Which is trying to make Trump look bad especially for the up coming election. Just politics as usual....This only supports the fact that the US news media is not impartial...
The article said..Donald Trump has accused the 'lamestream' media of conspiring together to undermine him after he shared heated exchanges with two reporters at a Monday press briefing before storming off stage.
He said the 'out of control' media is 'conspiring' against him after he abruptly ended his coronavirus press conference following a heated confrontation with two reporters.....

What he is saying is true..no more just news , but politically directed reporting..That includes the leftest anti Trump British produced Daily Mail...And our own news media..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8309271/Trump-clashes-Asian-American-reporter-ends-press-conference-dispute-CNN.html#reader-comments

lyman
05-12-2020, 06:03
https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/babylon_bee_trump_good_morning_04-28-2020.jpg

togor
05-12-2020, 06:19
Ray it is that true he doesn't like questions that cut across whatever line he is selling. Nobody does I suppose, but he shows a thin skin about it, especially if it's women doing the questioning. As you know he does spout BS--sometimes to troll the libs, sometimes to gaslight the base. Occasionally both at once.

Roadkingtrax
05-12-2020, 06:48
Funny how a "telling it like it is" kind of guy, doesn't like to be told how it is. He walked off looking weak.

I bet he would use the ignore function on a forum. :)

Johnny P
05-12-2020, 07:01
Had the press treated the Ethiopian the same way it treats Trump the Southern Poverty Law Center would have filed lawsuits against the press.

rayg
05-12-2020, 07:47
Ray it is that true he doesn't like questions that cut across whatever line he is selling.

She was just nasty and kept it up.. Don't make excuses for unprofessional behavior just because they are liberals...

togor
05-12-2020, 08:58
She was just nasty and kept it up.. Don't make excuses for unprofessional behavior just because they are liberals...

Unprofessional? I haven't see the vid. Here's your chance to pre-bias me, before I go view it, by telling me what was unprofessional about it. Not an opportunity to pass up!

rayg
05-12-2020, 10:33
Not an opportunity to pass up!

A perfect opportunity..

dryheat
05-12-2020, 11:31
Made me think about the time Connie Chung ambushed Newts mom. Seems her t.v. time suddenly diminished. I guess she's lucky to be alive since it involved Hillary. I don't believe Hillary has actually had anyone killed. Hillary is great. Who doesn't like Hillary? I certainly do.

togor
05-12-2020, 12:00
A perfect opportunity..

So here's what I saw. He had tweeted or whatever about how in numbers the USA was testing champs! Well we should be, since we have 1/4 to 1/3 of the world's cases!

Anyways the woman asked why "leading the testing race against other countries" had anything to do with anything. A good question because what matters isn't our test numbers compared to other nations, but whether we have enough testing going on to give people a reason to come out of their hidey-holes and start doing things again that move the economy. So she was right to ask it because the answer to that question is no, not even close. (Plus some people want to get Covid and not care if they spread it and not bother to get tested for some conspiracy reason, and while that isn't Trump's fault, he ought to be chewing those people a new one from his pulpit but for some reason chooses not to do that.)

Where Trump stepped into it was telling a ethnic Chinese woman (adopted baby like so many) to "ask China". It's a BS answer, and I cannot say she was wrong to basically go "WTF is that supposed to mean?"

At that point he tried to step out of it, but the other reporters weren't playing along and finally he bailed.

So two observations:

1) tensions running kinda high in those press conferences

2) Trump keeps making the sort of unforced errors that most City Councilmen get over by their third campaign.

The base may complain about the unfairness of it all, but sorry, when the Most Powerful Man In The World(TM) gets owned by a few ladies in a press conference, it's on him, not them. He shouldn't have walked away, and his supporters shouldn't cry about those mean ladies.

He shouldn't have bailed. Running away from a little problem like a press conference is not what the public expects out of a self-styled War President(SM).

oscars
05-12-2020, 12:22
Trump is displaying all of his tricks: Ropa Dope, Gas Lighting and Dumpster Fire.

S.A. Boggs
05-12-2020, 12:28
Trump is displaying all of his tricks: Ropa Dope, Gas Lighting and Dumpster Fire.

Dang, another Hillary in drag imitator! By the way Oscars how is it over there in your home country of Russia???:banana100::eusa_wall::hello:
Sam

kj47
05-12-2020, 01:48
She was just a nasty bitch. Plane & simple.

rayg
05-12-2020, 02:01
If I were Trump, I would just end these news talks. The lib reporters are just using the talks in an attempt to discredit Trump...... I guess it's campaign time..... Lol

Sandpebble
05-12-2020, 02:14
If I were Trump, I would just end these news talks. The lib reporters are just using the talks in an attempt to discredit Trump...... I guess it's campaign time..... Lol

Sorry Ray, but Togor's post above is spot on.

We hired the the man to be the leader of the world and he doesn't have the nuts to face an embarrassing question ? that's what you expect from leadership ?

Strong enough to dish it ... but to weak to take it. .... he's a flop

rayg
05-12-2020, 02:43
That's your opinion and of course what else would a liberal say.........

clintonhater
05-12-2020, 03:00
Campaign time has nothing to do with it--it began on the day he took office, to the shock & grief (PBS' Judy Woodruff burst into tears, & she wasn't the only one!) of the media establishment.

I finally saw the reporter incident & it was IN NO WAY exceptional! I've seen the same or worse countless times, & women are usually the most aggressive, launching into obviously rehearsed speeches thinly disguised as questions! But I do wish Trump had stood his ground.

Roadkingtrax
05-12-2020, 03:00
She was just a nasty bitch. Plane & simple.

How?

rayg
05-12-2020, 03:11
Campaign time has nothing to do with it--it began on the day he took office, to the shock & grief (PBS' Judy Woodruff burst into tears, & she wasn't the only one!) of the media establishment.

I finally saw the reporter incident & it was IN NO WAY exceptional! I've seen the same or worse countless times, & women are usually the most aggressive, launching into obviously rehearsed speeches thinly disguised as questions! But I do wish Trump had stood his ground.

It's only going to get worse..as the campaign kicks into higher gear..Don't forget, the Dem's didn't go all out last election as they thought Trump didn't have a change..That's changed now, they will be going full bore until the election. Just as here! Three of them chiming in to knock Trump over this...

S.A. Boggs
05-12-2020, 03:15
Sorry Ray, but Togor's post above is spot on.

We hired the the man to be the leader of the world and he doesn't have the nuts to face an embarrassing question ? that's what you expect from leadership ?

Strong enough to dish it ... but to weak to take it. .... he's a flop

How often did Barry speak?
Sam

togor
05-12-2020, 03:28
How often did Barry speak?
Sam

Unsure but I don't think he found it necessary to stomp off. If he had we'd have seen the vid already.

togor
05-12-2020, 07:19

Press conferences are an opportunity for the executive to connect his policies to the kinds of questions that are out there. There's something to be said for hanging in there and taking a tough question. I get the feeling than in year 4 what the boss wants, the boss gets, at least as far as the White House staff goes.

One can almost feel sympathy for them, as it must be deflating to see him stomp off like that... another opportunity to look Presidential wasted. But surely they knew what they were in for when they signed up, so they get what they get.

rayg
05-13-2020, 02:33
He did not stomp off... Stomp defined.."to walk with a loud heavy step usually in anger stomped out of the office in a fit". That means stamping your feet hard on the floor right!..I thought he just walked off when the secession was over...Or show us a clip on how he "stomped" off.....

By the way..You opened yourself to this by saying......
Quote..Press conferences are an opportunity for the executive to connect his policies to the kinds of questions that are out there. There's something to be said for hanging in there and taking a tough question..Quote

Now as Boggs said, how often did Barry appear in news conferences in relation to your comment. Ha, ha, Yes very, very few times in 8 yrs...Lol..,

What's the saying..What's good for the Gander is good for the goose...I think that's the way it goes..Lol

togor
05-13-2020, 06:40
Ray the choice of verb for how he exited the press conference is mostly irrelevant. What matters, in the impression he gave, and in the lost opportunity, is that he cut it off. Bailed out early, if you want to put it that way. Among other things that demonstrates that fielding questions from outside his bubble is not a priority to him.

I don't know how many press conferences Obama had. Whether it was a lot or a little, I don't think he bailed on any after calling a question nasty. Keeping his composure was an Obama strong point.

You can focus on a perceived over-reporting in the media if you like, but the video is there for all to see.

rayg
05-13-2020, 08:16
Togor..Ray the choice of verb for how he exited the press conference is mostly irrelevant.

Ray...No, it's not irrelevant when you say .."Stomped off" when in fact he just exited the conference. That conveys two different meanings. And changes the whole concept of the situation....

Stomped meaning....to tread heavily and noisily, typically in order to show anger.

Togor...I don't know how many press conferences Obama had. Whether it was a lot or a little, I don't think he bailed on any after calling a question nasty. Keeping his composure was an Obama strong point.

Ray... Come on..I know you know that Obama had very, very few press conferences a year and I'm sure you know that! And no it's not irrelevant when you say .."Stomped ..

togor
05-13-2020, 09:26
Ray... Come on..I know you know that Obama had very, very few press conferences a year and I'm sure you know. Lol..

Why would I care how many press conferences Obama had? What does it have to do with Trump walking out of this one? I didn't even know about it until you started this thread.

If I can ask, now that it is a topic....how did Trump walking out make you feel? Proud? Mad? Sad? Glad? A mix?

S.A. Boggs
05-13-2020, 10:27
Ray the choice of verb for how he exited the press conference is mostly irrelevant. What matters, in the impression he gave, and in the lost opportunity, is that he cut it off. Bailed out early, if you want to put it that way. Among other things that demonstrates that fielding questions from outside his bubble is not a priority to him.

I don't know how many press conferences Obama had. Whether it was a lot or a little, I don't think he bailed on any after calling a question nasty. Keeping his composure was an Obama strong point.

You can focus on a perceived over-reporting in the media if you like, but the video is there for all to see.

The President was right, one cannot educate an idiot and the President understood this and left. Many times I left the psych hospital after trying to explain why my client was hospitalized. I see this at the press conferences as well, why try and talk to those who refuse to understand? :icon_scratch::eusa_shhh:
Sam

togor
05-13-2020, 11:49
He's the president in a time of national emergency. Leadership as I understand is not about soaking in the admiration of admirers.

I know Parscale says he has built a Death Star of an online re-election vehicle, but more and more this administration is having a one term feel.

lyman
05-13-2020, 12:17
He's the president in a time of national emergency. Leadership as I understand is not about soaking in the admiration of admirers.

I know Parscale says he has built a Death Star of an online re-election vehicle, but more and more this administration is having a one term feel.

lets hope not,

and remember, Obama only spoke well when he was rehearsed or in front of a teleprompter,

off the cuff he often struggled,

oscars
05-13-2020, 01:43
Extent of Weija Jiang's questioning

WEIJIA JIANG: “[You said] the U.S. is doing far better than any other country when it comes to testing.”

TRUMP: “Yes.”

JIANG: “Why does that matter? Why is this a global competition to you if everyday Americans are still losing their lives and we’re still seeing more cases every day?”

TRUMP: “Well, they’re losing their lives everywhere in the world, and maybe that’s a question you should ask China. Don’t ask me, ask China that question, okay? When you ask them that question you may get a very unusual answer. Yes, behind you, please.”

JIANG: “Sir, why are you saying that to me, specifically, that I should ask China?”

TRUMP: “I’m telling you. I’m not saying it specifically to anybody. I’m saying it to anybody that would ask a nasty question like that.”

JIANG: “It’s not a nasty question.”

TRUMP: “Please, go ahead. Okay, anybody else? Please go ahead in the back, please.”

KAITLIN COLLINS: “I have two questions.”

TRUMP: “Nah, it’s okay.”

COLLINS: “But you pointed to me. I have two questions, Mr. President.”

TRUMP: “Next. Next, please.”

COLLINS: “But you called on me.”

TRUMP: “I did, and you didn’t respond, and now I’m calling on the young lady in the back. Please.”

COLLINS: “I just wanted to let my colleague ...” [Crosstalk]

TRUMP: “Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much. Appreciate it. Thank you very much.” [Storms off]

S.A. Boggs
05-13-2020, 01:59
I watched and disagree again with the storming off and ending the conference. The President has the right to call on who he wishes to speak to and terminate the conversation at any time. What is the problem with the President returning that which was given? Personally I would not call on anyone who I thought would give me a hard time at a conference.
Sam

togor
05-13-2020, 02:04
I watched and disagree again with the storming off and ending the conference. The President has the right to call on who he wishes to speak to and terminate the conversation at any time. What is the problem with the President returning that which was given? Personally I would not call on anyone who I thought would give me a hard time at a conference.
Sam

The question put to you is one kind of leadership is Trump displaying there? The kind where he revels in the power of his position or the kind where he feels some obligation to those led?

Everything published says he's 100% the first kind, 0% the second.

S.A. Boggs
05-13-2020, 02:35
Compare/contrast to Barry and the results of each administration. Personally I have very few problems with this administration as it has been very positive for my family. Under Barry we lost, in this administration we have done well, very well!:banana100::1948::hello::banana100::banana100 ::banana100:
Sam

togor
05-13-2020, 03:29
Until recently, that is.

Roadkingtrax
05-13-2020, 03:38
Until recently, that is.

Boggsy probably shorted the market on some key investments in anticipation of this administration's failure to respond. Didn't you?

S.A. Boggs
05-13-2020, 05:04
Until recently, that is.

Nope, still going pretty good. Freezers are full, pantry loaded and new crop of vegetables coming on. Been eating onions and Romaine in my salads...so pretty good.:banana100: Only real shortage has been in .22 ammo. :evil6:
Sam

togor
05-13-2020, 06:31
Short on .22LR?

How did that happen?????

S.A. Boggs
05-14-2020, 12:32
Short on .22LR?

How did that happen?????

I guess because of this pandemic with every mothers son buying it. Also, checked my pistol powder and I am down to 8lbs time for another case load of 48 from JB.:banana100::1948::hello::icon_lol::eusa_shhh:
Sam

togor
05-14-2020, 04:41
I meant the .22LR supply normalized for a long time, regular shooters should be ahead. Still have an unopened 5K case in reserve.

S.A. Boggs
05-14-2020, 04:56
I meant the .22LR supply normalized for a long time, regular shooters should be ahead. Still have an unopened 5K case in reserve.

@ last count I am @ 10M, so not enough for summer between the three of us. I shoot 500 just myself when I go to my range and practice. Sam brought home 700 rds of Mini last night to add to the count, she checks each day when she goes to work.
Sam

rayg
05-14-2020, 05:10
Extent of Weija Jiang's questioning

TRUMP: “Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much. Appreciate it. Thank you very much.” [Storms off]

There's that word again, "storms off" wonder who added that on! Togor? using another one of his other post names.. Oscars...:banana100: Lol

lyman
05-14-2020, 05:42

shelfs are starting to refill now,

for about 6 weeks every box of 22 (and 9mm/45/40sw/223) sold as fast as you put it out

togor
05-14-2020, 08:49
10M rounds of .22lr is 20,000 bricks, or 2,000 cases. If that is someone's personal stockpile, then I have admire their commitment!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

There's that word again, "storms off" wonder who added that on! Togor? using another one of his other post names.. Oscars...:banana100: Lol

"Strode serenely" doesn't seem to quite capture the exit, Ray. The abruptness of it suggests he was in some kind of snit.

rayg
05-14-2020, 09:46
[QUOTE=togor;582775]10M rounds of .22lr is 20,000 bricks, or 2,000 cases. If that is someone's personal stockpile, then I have admire their commitment!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

"Strode serenely" doesn't seem to quite capture the exit,
I like it though! I strode serenely to post this reply...:banana100: