PDA

View Full Version : The numbers might prompt more stimulus.

dryheat
05-10-2020, 11:24
The numbers aren't good. They are record setting bad. The market has rocked on up on the money that has been dumped on the economy thus far. Most of that money is gone. Maybe more stimulus money(I'm already starting to hate that term) will help. Ya think? Maybe. I miss my Jack In The Box breakfast crowd. But not that much. I'd like to fly on a plane with only ten people on it, but I don't believe they can scrub down and entire plane in a day? Two days? I'm reluctant. But I'm always reluctant. Most people aren't. They will eventually start out of their holes. But, stomping on the gas when the truck is axle deep in mud is a dumb kid reaction. And it's rough on the drive train. If you have assessed the situation and you know that brute force is called for then go for it. If stomping on the pedal it all you can come up with well maybe it's going to disappoint. [from someone who has almost totally missed the boat on this].

togor
05-11-2020, 05:02
That's the thing... government people and protesters can talk all they want about opening stuff up, but so long as the infection risk is out there, a lot of folks are just going to lay low. Hiding the infection numbers from people won't work either, because one way or the other, they're gonna do a risk calculation, with whatever data or rumors they can get. Best bet is give the public reliable local data, whether it's good news or bad, and just try to get better every day.

dryheat
05-11-2020, 11:28
This week some things around here have opened up. In this country and the world. Around here the response has not surprisingly been a little underwhelming. No fireworks. There were stories about diners that were working real hard to be safe and there were stories about diners that just didn't feel it was the right time. The nutjobs can protest but unless you've been under hypnosis you feel a little jumpy about running right out for dinner. Lying never works out. This morning the market dipped but then run up some. Tech did pretty well as usual.

Major Tom
05-12-2020, 01:25
Not to worry! Yesterday O'Bamma said it was entirely Trumps fault and he (O'Bamma) has the solution. Biden!

dryheat
05-12-2020, 01:50
Not to worry! Yesterday O'Bamma said it was entirely Trumps fault and he (O'Bamma) has the solution. Biden!

A little politicing. I never thought I'd miss it.