PDA

View Full Version : More scary stuff..the virus CAN enter the body through the eyes:

rayg
05-10-2020, 08:25
Coronavirus virus CAN possible enter the body through the eyes:

Scientists find eye cells are a prime target for the deadly virus as it can attach to and enter the body through the eyes..
Scientists have claimed the coronavirus can enter the body through the eyes after finding they contain a protein used by the infection to bind to cells.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8304781/Coronavirus-enter-body-eyes.html

Sandpebble
05-10-2020, 10:53
I'm told quite frequently that we shouldn't trust the word of scientists .

Now if Jared said that... well that would be different as it is unlikely Jared would have a political agenda.....

togor
05-10-2020, 11:29
Sandpebble,

Ray's support of this administration aside (which I admit I do not fully understand), he is NOT among those posting online misinformation about the virus.

Thanks for the post, Ray. Interesting. This virus is a real MF, no doubt about it.

clintonhater
05-10-2020, 02:57
If true, it makes the mask mania even more absurd.

Sandpebble
05-10-2020, 03:15
Sandpebble,

Ray's support of this administration aside (which I admit I do not fully understand), he is NOT among those posting online misinformation about the virus.

Thanks for the post, Ray. Interesting. This virus is a real MF, no doubt about it.

Point taken

shadycon
05-10-2020, 04:00
So as not to piss some people off, I'll comment in a new thread!:1948:

togor
05-10-2020, 04:34
If true, it makes the mask mania even more absurd.

Only if you breath with your eyes.

lyman
05-10-2020, 04:36
Only if you breath with your eyes.

sure about that?

Roadkingtrax
05-10-2020, 05:54
Influenza passes readily through the membranes in the eyes. Covid-19 would be no different.

clintonhater
05-10-2020, 06:13
Nothing to do but order 300 million hazmat suits from China.

dryheat
05-10-2020, 10:10
Well, if it doesn't bore right into your eyeball which sounds a little worm like, it surely can find a way in around the eye. The whole face is kind of a catacomb. I remember this kid who got a bloody nose(like kids do) they told him to lie down and tilt his head back...and the blood started coming out of his eyes. Before parts of the skull can grow and solidify some bacteria and virus can find their way to the brain in small children.

S.A. Boggs
05-11-2020, 04:10
The greatest killer of all is stupidity.
Sam

shadycon
05-11-2020, 05:43
:1948:

togor
05-11-2020, 07:13
sure about that?

The surface area inside the lungs is thousands of times greater than that of the eyes, so yes, sure.

lyman
05-11-2020, 08:41
The surface area inside the lungs is thousands of times greater than that of the eyes, so yes, sure.

so,

if you are wearing your mask,,,, dude infront of you coughs, and the virus can enter thru the eyes,

you are safe?

sure about that?

togor
05-11-2020, 10:05
so,

if you are wearing your mask,,,, dude infront of you coughs, and the virus can enter thru the eyes,

you are safe?

sure about that?

go back and read the posts,

carefully,

CH says masks are worthless because it can get in the eyes,

but the reality is that it's about reducing the opportunities for the virus to latch onto you,

and a mask protecting the airway is better than no ask at all, if the dude coughs.

A leaky roof is bad, but no roof at all is worse.

Added: now if someone wants to say that a simple cloth mask isn't as good as a N95 for protecting the airway,

then I'm good with that. Let's get more N95s in circulation to the general public.

lyman
05-11-2020, 10:49
go back and read the posts,

carefully,

CH says masks are worthless because it can get in the eyes,

but the reality is that it's about reducing the opportunities for the virus to latch onto you,

and a mask protecting the airway is better than no ask at all, if the dude coughs.

A leaky roof is bad, but no roof at all is worse.

Added: now if someone wants to say that a simple cloth mask isn't as good as a N95 for protecting the airway,

then I'm good with that. Let's get more N95s in circulation to the general public.

and your comment was only if you can breathe with your eyes,,

so in a world where moisture droplets can get in your eyes, and carry the virus, you would not need to 'breathe' with your eyes , but it would be another avenue one could become infected,, correct?

togor
05-11-2020, 12:35
and your comment was only if you can breathe with your eyes,,

so in a world where moisture droplets can get in your eyes, and carry the virus, you would not need to 'breathe' with your eyes , but it would be another avenue one could become infected,, correct?

good grief, :icon_rolleyes:

yes was being slightly flippant to say reply that masks have NO value ONLY if one breathes through their eyes (which we do not),

as a way of pointing out that moderate protection over the much larger cross-sectional-area of the lungs is preferable to none at all,

in terms of managing one's exposure to the virus.

among other things researchers are seeing is that the dose one gets of the virus has a lot to do with how sick they can get

because, it takes time for the body to respond, for the anti-bodies to get produced after detecting the virus, while the virus grows exponentially and in proportion to the starting dose

might have been easier to say "masks only work if your eyes are closed" to capture the absurdity of the moment

clintonhater
05-11-2020, 12:45
might have been easier to say "masks only work if your eyes are closed" to capture the absurdity of the moment

Actually that's correct, & no more absurd than about 90% of the prevailing mask-mania. If the absurdity lasted only a moment! Three months & counting!

shadycon
05-11-2020, 01:18
Bash me at will; In my opinion the person wearing a mask, if infected, helps from transferring germs/droplets to other people. If the other person is also wearing a mask then they have added protection.:1948:

PWC
05-11-2020, 01:22
Why the surprise and comments? Long before COVD19, Dr.s told us not to touch our eyes and face, and wash our hands often when we were sick (colds, sniffles, flu, and allergies) so why would this super flu be any different?