PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream

S.A. Boggs
05-04-2020, 01:47
Mom wanted me to buy ice cream while I was shopping, no dice as they were out. Mom is lactose intolerant so I buy the one that is made different, Byer's I believe is the brand. Since there is so many shortages now I am going to dust off my ice cream maker and make it from now on. Our strawberries are coming on so I will make this flavor. Wonder what else will come up short?
Sam

Major Tom
05-04-2020, 03:45
I went to the market to buy fresh chicken. The meat case was 90% empty. Meanwhile, there was plenty of toilet paper and paper towels.

togor
05-04-2020, 04:07
As soon as word gets out that something is having production side troubles, demand spikes and what's left flies off the shelves. Who knows we could even read about shortages in artichokes and brussels sprouts later this year.

Johnny P
05-04-2020, 06:17
Just buy her a bottle of Lactaid tablets and she can eat whatever she pleases.

Local Walmart is stocked with Blue Bell, and it just doesn't get much better for store bought ice cream. Working on a carton of Butter Crunch right now.

lyman
05-04-2020, 06:22
As soon as word gets out that something is having production side troubles, demand spikes and what's left flies off the shelves. Who knows we could even read about shortages in artichokes and brussels sprouts later this year.

Brussel Sprout shortage would be horrible,

love those things,

Tasty

togor
05-04-2020, 07:19
Brussel Sprout shortage would be horrible,

love those things,

Tasty

Boiled until they stink like rubber? That's how I was exposed to them as a kid.

lyman
05-04-2020, 09:58
boiled,
sauteed,
broiled
pan seared,

cut up for slaw,

get some fresh, microwave till almost done, dice, add bacon, black pepper and just tad bit of olive oil,
shake around and nuke till done (bacon pre cooked)

or, instead of finishing in the micro, place under the broiler for a few

delish

S.A. Boggs
05-04-2020, 11:09
[QUOTE=Johnny P;581950]Just buy her a bottle of Lactaid tablets and she can eat whatever she pleases.

Local Walmart is stocked with Blue Bell, and it just doesn't get much better for store bought ice cream. Working on a carton of Butter Crunch right now.[/QUOTE
Wife uses these too and for her they have side affects as well. Much easier to just make the ice cream and buy the lactose free milk.
Sam