PDA

View Full Version : Dead Cat Bounce

dryheat
05-02-2020, 07:03
Even a crashing airplane looks good for a moment or two just before the stall. The momentum of the past ten yrs. or so seems to have carried the stock market past the big dip in March. The quarter looked kind of good if you figure Jan and Feb were OK and if you ignore the huge blip of March. Friday peeled 600 pts off the Dow(700 for a moment or two). Sometimes Friday action portends Mondays action. Then there's; Get out in May and stay away. I could be wrong.

togor
05-02-2020, 08:10
Imagine if Social Security had been privatized! That could have manifested in a number of different ways, but easy to predict that there would have been a tremendous amount of selling pressure on the market, as people sought safer harbors for their money. The long bull market would have led people to grow greedy/complacent.

dryheat
05-02-2020, 08:57
Then it sure as heck couldn't be called social SECURITY. I've been in several different IRA's and 401's. When they go down it's, 'don't worry, it'll come back'. I'm almost 70 I don't have time for that anymore. I got a scare around 2010 or so when I found out my Money Market funds weren't protected. The gov backed them just because it would have made everything worse. Most of us aren't savvy investors although I did make a little money back in March because it was so obviously radical. That's the bounce part.