PDA

View Full Version : P 14 rear volley sight

glockshot
04-09-2020, 08:12
I finally got my P14 built,only thing I am missing is front volley sight post and rear volley sight.
Gun Parts has both,reproductions.
My question is: Where and how does the rear sight mount ? I don't see anywhere on rear sight area to a fix it. Thanks

Parashooter
04-09-2020, 11:25
Under the bolt-stop spring.

free1954
04-11-2020, 04:04
I finally got my P14 built,only thing I am missing is front volley sight post and rear volley sight.
Gun Parts has both,reproductions.
My question is: Where and how does the rear sight mount ? I don't see anywhere on rear sight area to a fix it. Thanks

please be sure to post some pictures of it when you are done.

glockshot
04-12-2020, 05:30
Great,Thanks for the info. I will post some pics.

p246
07-20-2020, 08:01
I'll try and dig mine out and post a picture

JB White
07-25-2020, 09:09
If by chance your P14 has Weedon markings, many of the early features don't belong on the rifle.
A volley sight plate sans pointer, spanner screw and hourglass washer would be correct. The rear iris would have been cut down flush. Note the crosshatched spring slot vs the M1917 single slot.
The piling swivel on the nosecap was eliminated at the same time. Buttstock disc mortise was filled with a wood disc. Unless the stock is a replacement?

So unless you are working up an example display piece, you might be better off saving your money and effort. As far as value down the road is concerned, if markings and traits aren't close to matching, the value goes down quite considerably.