PDA

View Full Version : SARS-Covid-2 genetic susceptibility

togor
04-07-2020, 07:50
Mentioned to me by the family MD, the possibility that genetics plays a role. Italy got hit hard, as is the NY/NJ area with many Italians. Some day they'll figure this out.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/85783

We have no Italian ancestry so far as I know, nor does my wife.

EO1
04-07-2020, 09:28
An interesting thought.

m1ashooter
04-08-2020, 09:42
It pays to have an open mind. I also was wondering the relationship of many factor's in this disease. The family from NJ that lost a lot of its members also are very heavy which we know leds to issues. NY state is putting out data on the dead. More men then women, coronary issues etc. I'd like to know what types of Blood Pressure meds if any victims are taking. Medications might be an issue just like Doctors in France found that giving people ibuprofen seemed to hurt more then help. Some reports say the your blood type might play a roll also.

I told know if its the news cycle or not but now stories are coming out that the black community is getting hit harder. Maybe its a gene issue for them like sickle cell, who knows but I really believe we need to keep an open mind.

oscars
04-08-2020, 10:41
Women have a more pronounced immune system than men which might explain sex differences. The autoimmune diseases (ALS, MS, thyroid autoimmunity, RA) are seen more in women than men)

Mike in NC
04-08-2020, 11:35
New Orleans is also an area that has been hit hard. A lot of that can be explained by a high prevalence of underlying health conditions. Italians are not the predominant ethic population in that area. Children over the age I of 1 or 2 years old tend to have only mild symptoms or be completely asymptomatic. I would suspect the high rate of infections in the New York City area is at least partially influenced by the high population density. I think we will or at least should be studying this and other Coronaviruses for a very long time. Not sure they should be studying them in China.

Former Cav
04-11-2020, 02:04
The chicoms are NOT going to tell you the truth.