PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg and his billions

Major Tom
03-04-2020, 11:55
He dumped $500 million in his campaign to go nowhere! That money could have helped a lot pf people live a healthier, better life.
Like all humanoids of his ilk, they only think of themselves and their money.

lyman
03-04-2020, 04:17
napoleon's generally think only about themselves

blackhawknj
03-04-2020, 04:25
The goal of all these "malefactors of great wealth"-on the Left-is to get control of the government so they can feel good about all the good they do with OUR money.

Tom Doniphon
03-04-2020, 10:40
Yes, it would have been better spent if he added that $500 million to the $3.3 billion he gave to charity last year.

togor
03-05-2020, 03:25
I believe this is the point where someone points out that he earned it so it's his to spend how he wants.

Marty T.
03-05-2020, 11:54
As long as he doesn't spend it to take away what I want. That's intruding on my rights.

lyman
03-05-2020, 12:10
As long as he doesn't spend it to take away what I want. That's intruding on my rights.

well

here in Va , he spent a lot to help the campaigns of elected officials (Delegates and Senators) that are trying to do just that,

blackhawknj
03-05-2020, 05:13
I suspect a lot of that $500 million went to companies he had an interest in.

togor
03-05-2020, 05:40

We've been told money=speech and corporations=people. Loudest voice wins.

blackhawknj
03-05-2020, 05:58
Here in Central NJ cash strapped Rider University tried to sell the prestigious Westminster Choir College. Asking price, $40M. Bloomberg or Steyer could have preserved an educational institution.

togor
03-05-2020, 06:27
Here in Central NJ cash strapped Rider University tried to sell the prestigious Westminster Choir College. Asking price, $40M. Bloomberg or Steyer could have preserved an educational institution.

So could lots of rich guys. What's your point?

blackhawknj
03-05-2020, 07:15
They both spent vast amounts of money earned in the private sector to get the nomination of the Big Government/High Taxation/Micromanage People's Lives Party, and part of the Party's platform is we're never spending enough on education.
Milton Friedman said it best: "Do gooders are free to do all the good they want-with their own money."
And:
"The combination of economic and political power in the same hands is a sure recipe for tyranny."

togor
03-06-2020, 05:37
They both spent vast amounts of money earned in the private sector to get the nomination of the Big Government/High Taxation/Micromanage People's Lives Party, and part of the Party's platform is we're never spending enough on education.
Milton Friedman said it best: "Do gooders are free to do all the good they want-with their own money."
And:
"The combination of economic and political power in the same hands is a sure recipe for tyranny."

So....education should be paid for by letting rich guys get really rich and the expecting (requiring?) them to donate it back?

I understand your point, but Bloomberg-rich guys will choose their own vanity projects, be it a political campaign, a sports franchise, a kick-ass yacht, or a bunch of buildings with their name on it. If regular people want education to be a public priority, then they have the traditional means available to them, which starts with who they elect for government office.

rayg
03-06-2020, 07:10
In this country... Rich Guys, Poor Guys, or any one else, can do whatever they want with their money... what's the problem with that.....After taxes that is!...Lol

dryheat
03-06-2020, 10:40
If I had 500 billion I skip right over the politics. I raise a huge army and then we'd do things my way.

shadycon
03-06-2020, 11:14
If I had 500 billion I skip right over the politics. I raise a huge army and then we'd do things my way.

And add to the violence?

togor
03-06-2020, 12:14
And add to the violence?

Only for a little while!

shadycon
03-06-2020, 12:59
Only for a little while!

More violence=more gun laws in my opinion! You must be anti-gun!

Dolt
03-06-2020, 01:12
We've been told money=speech and corporations=people. Loudest voice wins.

An M1A 308 is pretty damn loud, you have to admit.