PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!!!

John Mello
02-25-2020, 04:49
Well it has been sometime since I posted on this forum. I was a regular here around 2002 to 2007 or so. When the economy crashed in 2008 I found myself looking for a 4 color printing press to operate. So I commuted to the city for the last 7 years of my carer and then I retired.
I got lot lots of help here back when I got my CMP 1903/1903A3 rifles and my CMP M1 Carbines. I have met some of you at the late Major Dick Culver's birthday party held at the MGM/Grand Sierra Hotel in Reno some years ago. I've met Chuck from Idaho in Reno to trade 1903 parts. I received lots of help with my questions from John Beard, Rick the Librarian, BrianQ, ViShooter, Loren Belflowers, Newscotlander, Don V. (from Antioch?), Johnny Peppers, Bruce McAskill, painter777, JimF4M1s, cafdfw, Mike Luse, C.R.F., Emri, Big Larry, Don W., and Many Many More. I hope to hear from ya-all again.
As to why I'm Back.
I got my RNG number, 12028, on Feb. 27, 2019 (about a year ago). I got THE call last week and my M1911A1 is now at my FFLs.
This saturday I will, HAVE IT, HOLD IT, MINE.
It has a Colt frame No. 907466. It has a slide stamped 7790314 on the left and 53397 on the right side. The frames right side has a M-B stamped on/over the crossed cannon Ord. wheel. OB 76 is marked near the slide stop pin. The finish is a dark gray park. that is very fresh (not scratched or skuffed to much). The stocks are in great shape. There is cosmoline grease oozing out of it. It was a Rack Grade. I will know more saturday night.
So I'll post what I find on the M1911 board.
Glad to be Back,
Over, John Mello

lyman
02-25-2020, 06:01
Welcome Back