PDA

View Full Version : WTS USMC 1903, Luxembourg FN-49, and Russian SKS

sport10990
02-20-2020, 07:33
Selling 3 of my rifles. Pics are in links below and attached. Can send more pictures.

1) Rock Island serial number 370184 so it is safe to shoot. Barrel is a 8-27. In 1927 the Marine Corps ordered 10,000 barrels for replacement on their 1903's. Receiver has a Hatcher Hole on the left side. Action screws are staked which is also a USMC trait. The stock is a beautiful finger groove stock with a "J" inspection stamp which so far has only been observed on USMC rifles. There is some corrosion below the wood line and on the barrel. This rifle has about a 50 percent chance of seeing action on Guadalcanal as there were about 59,000 1903's in the USMC inventory at the time, and 24,000 of those rifles went to Guadalcanal. Not saying to believe the story as the old saying goes, but the corrosion could be indicative of a hot, humid climate. I've shot this rifle out to 500 yards making 5/5 hits on a torso silhouette. Asking $1100 shipped. Pics are in link below.

https://imgur.com/gallery/uJLkd1N

2) Luxembourg FN-49 chambered in 30-06. This rifle is part of the first contract of rifles that Luxembourg ordered. The rifle is all matching with a beautiful tiger stripe in the stock forearm. The bore is a bit dark but has strong rifling and the one time I shot this rifle, it grouped very well at 100 yards. Has a small chip on the buttstock where it meets the butt plate. $1450.

3)All matching 1952 Tula Russian SKS. You cannot upgrade this rifle. Almost mint condition. Did not go through rebuild and nothing is crossed off and replaced with a new serial number. Chrome lined bore that is still bright and shiny with excellent rifling. Very very minor pitting that you have to concentrate and look hard to see. Comes with sling, pouches, some stripper clips, oil can, and original box that it was sold in the U.S. with. $950.