PDA

View Full Version : New Member From Northeast PA

johnt671
02-07-2020, 09:28
New member with an 1884 Springfield and a couple of hand guns. I've owned the Springfield since 1978, but never shot it in all those years. I also wanted an old military pistol for years and I got a good buy on a lightly used Uberti Remington 1858 New Army at a gun show in November. I got the pistol, a conversion cylinder for .45 Colt rounds and a box of cowboy rounds for just under 500 bucks.

I got to shot a few rounds out of it a few days ago on a nasty drizzly day, and now I've got the fever. I took the rifle to a LGS so they could see if it was safe to shoot, which it is, and now I just have to wait for some nice weather to do some real shooting. We've had a mild winter so far so maybe spring will get here early.

I also have a Smith & Wesson SD .40 VE that I carry concealed. I have a couple of cars I take to car shows, one a 1984 Pontiac Fiero SE with 235,000 + miles and a like new 01 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. Great to be here.

lyman
02-07-2020, 12:17
Welcome!!!:hello:

Merc
02-15-2020, 07:19
It’s good to hear from a new member. I also have a Trapdoor (M1873) that I bought bullets for several years ago. I’d like to shoot it but never have. Maybe this year. Photos of old guns, cars, etc. are always welcome. To load photos, click on the above icon, 3rd from the left and follow directions.

johnt671
02-15-2020, 09:19
I have to get some new pictures. I lost most of mine to the Photobucket mess a couple of years ago.

Thanks for the welcomes.

lyman
02-24-2020, 05:54
I have to get some new pictures. I lost most of mine to the Photobucket mess a couple of years ago.

Thanks for the welcomes.

mine are a mess on photo bucket,

however , while I cannot link them anywhere, they are still there,

a simple right click save as puts them on my computer again, and then I can post them where ever needed,

hope that helps