PDA

View Full Version : NRA 1915 1903 rifle with gauge card for sale

gator43
11-03-2019, 12:52
US 1903 Springfield #6095xx with it's original star gauge card in nearly new condition for sale. This rifle is a genuine "attic find", located during an attic cleanup in Troy, NY. The gun was found in it's original military style period canvass sleeve behind a chimney. The gun is at least 98-99%, with virtually all of it's bright blue and case colors. 8-15 barrel is bright with muzzle of less than one, throat of about zero and is possibly unfired since proofing 104 years ago. Stock is nearly mint, retaining all of it's original finish. The gun has a few handling dings and minor rubs, notably a shallow 1/2 inch bruise in the wood rear of the lower band and a very small spot of corrosion at the base of the lower band spring. Perfect JSA cartouche, firing proof and sub inspector stamps. "NRA" and ordnance bomb stamped rear of the front trigger guard screw.

When found in it's sleeve, the rifle was withdrawn along with a small envelope marked "star gauge", containing the original SA star gauge card folded in half. When unfolded the card unfortunately fell in two and a small fragment was lost. It contained the last digit of the rifle's sn. The card is otherwise sound and completely legible. The rifle was equipped with an RIA 1914 dated HEK inspected 1907 sling in excellent serviceable condition with minor crazing, almost certainly the original sling sold with the rifle. Also included is the original front sight cover.

In over sixty years of collecting and shooting '03s, this is one the finest rifles I've ever seen. $4500.00. I'll email photos to serious potential buyers. Please feel free to call with questions. Roger Rubrecht (518) 794-0092 dokcop@gmail.com

togor
11-03-2019, 03:14
Is this gun listed in any other online forums? One has to be on the lookout for scams when someone joins explicitly for the purpose of selling a $4500.00 rifle.

gator43
11-03-2019, 03:19
No, it is not.

togor
11-03-2019, 04:10
I hope you find a good home for your prize. I love M1903s but this one is outside my range.