PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Man

tmark
06-04-2019, 07:06
Saw the movie today. Didn't realize what a screwed up childhood Elton had. What a dysfunctional family.

PWC
06-04-2019, 08:54
So you believe Hollywood's version of the spin to make him look good and evoke sumpathy...by the way send money by buying his albums, snd movie tickets...

dryheat
06-16-2019, 06:02
He's a pop musician, none of them are normal. A musician told me that. I was never a fan. The more I saw of him, the less I liked.

Allen
06-16-2019, 06:39
His music is good, the record sales support that. He was very popular during the 70's having ridden the coat tails of better musicians of the British invasion. My wife and I attended one of his concerts but were never per se fans. His style was always flamboyant but back then everybody in the music industry had to have a "gimmick" or something they could be associated with so the thoughts of him being a queer was somewhat dismissed by most of us. Later he came out of the closet, married a "dude" and like rosie o'donnell was allowed to adapt 2 pitied children and bring them up in his FU'd world. Now, like other celebrity queers, he is very outspoken about queers rights and how the world isn't doing enough about AIDS research. He approved the portrayal of his lifestyle in this movie because he wants the world to accept what he does as decent and normal. He thinks everyone should be shameful for believing otherwise.