PDA

View Full Version : Which barrel/buffer

BCL
01-26-2019, 05:56
I have a lower with a rifle length receiver extension and I'm thinking about an 18" barrel for my upper build. Am I limited to a rifle length gas system or can I go with a mid length? It seems there are a lot more barrel options if I can go with a mid length. Can I use the rifle length buffer or do I switch to a carbine length and use a spacer? Really want to keep the rifle length stock. Thanks

lyman
03-13-2019, 10:18
you can run any barrel length, and any gas system length wiht a standard Receiver extension,

I have run as short at 10" and as long as 24 with out worry

barretcreek
04-16-2019, 10:15
Guns&Ammo has put out a special dedicated to the AR-15 . There is an article in there "Total Enhancement" about BCGs and some modified ones which are on the market. I am putting together a 7.62X40 WT and will be looking at matching the BCG, buffer and gas tube to make a balanced package.

Go to G&A's site. There's an article about the BCM tweaked AR; that's the cover article for the magazine you want to get. Can't seem to find a link to the article.

Go to https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Bolt-Carrier-Assemblies/products/112/ click on a BCG and read what they say.