PDA

View Full Version : ? on stock parts

jim70739
10-14-2018, 01:44
Anyone know the physical size (length and O.D.) of the stock pin for a P14/P17 stock? The one that holds the lower band assembly in place.

Merc
10-14-2018, 04:07
I don’t know the dimensions, but Gun Parts Corp. sells them for $5.20/each. Go to www.gunpartscorp.com and look under Enfield M1917. They call it a Lower Band Pin.

Edit: I took a 2nd look at the pin and it’s currently out of stock.

jim70739
10-18-2018, 07:25
Thank you. have found out they measure .110" od X 1.355" long. These dimensions work just fine. The .110 is a standard drill rod just don't remember whick right now.

Merc
10-19-2018, 06:21
Good. You may have to fabricate your own lower band pin because they seem to be scarce. I’ve been looking around for one at various on-line parts vendors since you put up your message and haven’t had any success. The lower band pin on my Winchester M1917 was missing when I bought it several years ago and I found one at springfieldsporters.com. Unfortunately, the owner had a medical problem and has shut his sight down while he recuperates. He hopes to be back in business next May but I see that his domain name up fo sale.

jim70739
10-20-2018, 09:21
If you can find #4 cold roll rod it works just fine, it is .112". I have already make some and installed the one I needed right now. Send me your address and I will send you one.

jim70739
10-22-2018, 12:05
#35 drill rod is perfect for this , it is what I used.

Merc
10-22-2018, 02:39
Jim,

Glad you found something that works. I don’t need a pin and was actually searching for an
original pin for you. I just mentioned previously that the lower band pin was missing from my M1917 Winchester when I bought it a few years ago and I found one quickly at Springfield Sporters. The front band was also missing. Like most M’17s, it went through a rebuild somewhere in time and picked up a variety of Eddystone and Remington parts. Some didn’t fit very well and others were worn although the barrel, receiver and bolt were in good condition. I found inexpensive NOS Winchester parts online from a variety of sources.

I went to a gun show in Ohio over the weekend and saw a dirty and worn looking M1917 Winchester for sale and the first thing I looked at was to see if all the parts were there including the lower band pin. Everything was present and accounted for. Asking price was $775.

jim70739
10-23-2018, 07:47
Thanks for the help. One $5 piece of drill rod will make many lower band pins when they are so easy to blue.
I am building a Remington and a P14 DP Eddystone right now so I do have a few parts. Are you still looking for Winchester parts for your Winchester? I might have a few to swap, I know I have a NOS stock or two. The prices on these unloved things have gone through the roof.

Merc
10-24-2018, 02:01
I have a box full of R and E stamped small parts that were originally on my typical mixmaster M1917 when I bought it a few years ago. Currently, the only non-W parts on the rifle are a replacement stock with a “T” stamped on the front tip and an E bolt. Both are in really nice shape. I tried on several occasions to replace the E bolt but gave up when all the W bolts I bought had worn lugs and wouldn’t headspace on a field gauge. I saw no real need to replace the T stock but would hate to pass up an opportunity to acquire a W stock. Send me a PM.