PDA

View Full Version : smell of black powder in the air.

free1954
08-27-2018, 01:56
got out on my motorbike for a ride yesterday, since it was one odd day that it didn't rain. as I was passing through narrowsburg N.Y. I saw a black cloud hanging over the road. [because of the noise of the bike and my helmet I didn't hear the shot.] but when I smelled it I knew what it was. turns out a block away was old fort Delaware. they had a few reenactors and they were firing a civil war era coehorn mortar. they had a few civil war rifles on display. great bunch of guys who were more than happy to talk of civil war gun. even had a woman stealing redskin.44146

RicM
03-22-2021, 08:09
Love the smell of black Powder and loads of fun shooting with it. Tried out my all original 1864 Springfield type 2.

RicM
03-22-2021, 08:16
Also shooting my 1873 Trapdoor Carbine.

M1Tommy
03-23-2021, 10:00
Very cool. Clouds of BP are coolness.... so long as projectiles sent your way aren't proceeding them!!!
I recently made a verbal deal for a Ruger Old Army revolver. I have no clue why but I have long thought them cool, and am really looking forward to it!

What kind of bike? I have a Triumph Speedmaster, currently scattered about my garage <grin>.
Tommy

free1954
03-09-2023, 12:54
Love the smell of black Powder and loads of fun shooting with it. Tried out my all original 1864 Springfield type 2.

shooting right off the back porch, like a slice of heaven.

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool. Clouds of BP are coolness.... so long as projectiles sent your way aren't proceeding them!!!
I recently made a verbal deal for a Ruger Old Army revolver. I have no clue why but I have long thought them cool, and am really looking forward to it!

What kind of bike? I have a Triumph Speedmaster, currently scattered about my garage <grin>.
Tommy

honda vtx.

M1Tommy
03-09-2023, 01:22
.................honda vtx.

Nice. That Triumph was a turkey for me. I sold it and bought a Yamaha Roadstar Warrior, similar to your VTX.

Tommy

free1954
03-12-2023, 05:57
Nice. That Triumph was a turkey for me. I sold it and bought a Yamaha Roadstar Warrior, similar to your VTX.

Tommy

those yamahas run forever. here is my bike out for the first ride of the year. unfortunately it was only 28 degrees so i didn't go far.51743