PDA

View Full Version : School week.............

Dan Shapiro
06-06-2018, 12:56
Last weekend had the opportunity to put on a presentation of antique long guns to the Marines at School of Infantry. Pleasant way to spend a Saturday.

Yesterday, another presentation for high school NROTC cadets in Poway. Long day. 3 separate sessions of 90 minutes each.

Emri
06-08-2018, 06:30
Great job Dan !! I am amazed you get to bring firearms into a school especially considering the state in which you reside.

I noticed the sign on the book rack said MCJROTC. You said NROTC. I wasn't aware there were specific branches of ROTC. Way back when it was required in high school, it was all Army ROTC that I remember. Our school armory had a 50 ft. indoor range for .22's and we drilled with M14's that were fully functional. I doubt that still exists.

Thanks for posting,

Emri

Dan Shapiro
06-08-2018, 03:07
Emri:
Bringing guns to school all depends on the School District Superintendent, and what his attitude is. Thankfully, the schools in my area are still pro-Armed Forces. The only caution required is that the weapons have to be covered when going to and from the classroom. Don't want to upset the snowflakes.

Students today only have wooden WWII '03 (Paris-Dunn) style drill rifles. One school does have an indoor range, but it's pellet rifles only.

m1ashooter
06-08-2018, 09:28
Currently there is Army JROTC, Marine JROTC, Navy JROTC and Air Force JROTC units.