PDA

View Full Version : Need a sloar powered fountain pump

Major Tom
05-28-2018, 12:38
So far, the ones I looked at were usually for bird baths and fish ponds. I want to put a decorative water fountain in my back yard but the distance is too long to bury an electrical line. Also, ones I looked at did not store power for 24/7 operation. My fountain from lower water source is 3 foot to top where water comes out. Need at least 170 gal. p/hr. and enough power cable to place solar panel 20 feet away.
Any ideas from you folks? Thank in advance.

togor
05-28-2018, 01:28
So far, the ones I looked at were usually for bird baths and fish ponds. I want to put a decorative water fountain in my back yard but the distance is too long to bury an electrical line. Also, ones I looked at did not store power for 24/7 operation. My fountain from lower water source is 3 foot to top where water comes out. Need at least 170 gal. p/hr. and enough power cable to place solar panel 20 feet away.
Any ideas from you folks? Thank in advance.

Boy you must really like fountains! 3 gallons a minute continuous is a lot for a 12V diaphragm pump. So I start to think some kind of 120VAC vane pump. But that means your solar panels will need to be hooked to an inverter.

All doable but the $$$ can start to add up.

Briava
06-06-2018, 12:59
Harbor Freight has a solar fountain pump, but I don't think it's anywhere the size you want. It's a good fit for a goldfish bowl, but it's <$100

For advise, you need to describe the waterfall, hight above pool, if you want a trickle or a torrent.

Moving water is costly, and higher you want, and more volume, will cost you.

S.A. Boggs
06-06-2018, 02:20
Harbor Freight has a solar fountain pump, but I don't think it's anywhere the size you want. It's a good fit for a goldfish bowl, but it's <$100

For advise, you need to describe the waterfall, hight above pool, if you want a trickle or a torrent.

Moving water is costly, and higher you want, and more volume, will cost you.

Canada is pretty good with solar growing some of their produce in greenhouses, perhaps other Canadians have knowledge of this.
Sam

Major Tom
06-06-2018, 05:17
The height the water rises is about 3 foot and I just need to trickle it over the top piece.

JOHN COOK
06-06-2018, 06:00
Maybe this one

Solar Panel Water Pump with Battery & LED 2×10 Watts

Driven by Two 10 watts solar panels + support stands2x10watt-solarled-waterpump
Vertical water lift up to 6.5 ft. (2 meters)
Adjustable water flow (maximum of 400 GPH)
Designed for Fountain or Pond
Battery backup for operating at night
Solar panel size – 13.77 x 11.22 inches (36x24cm)
This solar powered pump is a great choice, a great alternative to electrical pumps. The kit includes a pump, two solar panels (total power 20 watts) and fancy LED lights for water spray. No cables (the only cables being the one between panels pump and control box), no wiring necessary, no chance of electrical shock. This kit suits well if you need an energy efficient pump for a small pond. The setup is easy and straightforward. Water flow can be adjusted from the control knob with 4 different flow settings. There’s also a battery (12V-4AH) included, which enables the pump to work in total darkness for a maximum of two hours. Dimensions: 14.5L x 8.5W x 10.5H cm

2×10 Watt Solar Panel Pump with Battery + LED on Amazon for $300

john

Fred
06-06-2018, 10:56
That's how it starts. Then it's "I want it bigger. Down in that junk filled hole out back where the old sod house was dug into the hill."

Fred
06-06-2018, 11:06
All I wanted was a few flagstones to set our barbecue up on...
Sigh...

- - - Updated - - -

S.A. Boggs
06-06-2018, 11:13
Tomorrow our Amish contractor is coming out:banana100: to let us know when the crew [3 brothers and "English" driver buddy] can start and the guessestimate cost. My wife saw your picture and I can see something coming...Tks Fred! Now if I could just figure a way to put some bass in that would be O.K.
Sam

Fred
06-06-2018, 12:40

Major Tom
06-07-2018, 05:48
John Cook: That setup sounds very good! Hmmmm! A $300 pump for a $200 fountain. Wife would crap her undies with that! 8-/

JOHN COOK
06-07-2018, 10:16
That setup sounds very good! Hmmmm! A $300 pump for a $200 fountain. Wife would crap her undies with that! 8-/
Custom Pistol Boxes Handmade to your specs.

Tell her it's going to look like Freds:eusa_dance:

john