PDA

View Full Version : I thought it was funny

Ken The Kanuck
05-13-2018, 06:07
The world is becoming way too PC for me.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/windsor-police-officer-s-facebook-post-tells-liberal-supporters-to-consider-suicide-1.4659408

KTK

Dan Shapiro
05-15-2018, 05:21
Libs never miss a chance to 'virtue signal' or get 'outraged'. However, holding up the severed head of a sitting President is considered "free speech" Go figure.

Allen
05-15-2018, 05:25
Good article.

RED
05-17-2018, 10:23
One day aboard the USS Saratoga my squadron's C.O. was walking on the hanger deck when he spied a commotion. A young sailor was hanging over the edge of the deck threatening to jump into the sea and commit suicide. The Skipper told him to hold on for a few minutes while he called rest of his officers down to the hanger deck. The kid asked, "Will they help me?" The C.O. replied, "No, they will just watch. They have never seen anybody kill themselves before." With that the kid jumped. Fifteen minutes later the plane guard helo dropped him a horse collar and he climbed in no worse for wear... he had wrapped his wallet in plastic so it wouldn't get wet. True story.

S.A. Boggs
05-18-2018, 12:42
Having come from a mental health profession I had to grin. On the other hand I had a client who wanted to commit suicide. Numerous times in the psychiatric hospital, case management, referred to a counselor/psychiatrist to no avail. The higher ups thought that the client needed the "touch" of a female case manager. Two weeks later the client used a pistol on herself after I transferred her. In 20 years I lost 3 to OD, none to suicide as long as I had them. In our AO there is now a problem with needles being everywhere due to the useless free needles that are given out to stop the spread of infection. People are OD with the cops carrying Nar-Can to revive them, some getting revived twice in a 24 hour period. This is now becoming a drain on the various communities wallet and "talks" are now underway to find a way to continue the program. Hate to say it, if people are that in need of a fix society would be better off letting them continue the journey and instead fund a potters field.
Sam