PDA

View Full Version : Yeti - more anti-NRA corporate Naziism

Griff Murphey
04-21-2018, 06:24
Yeti - the fancy cooler maker - has announced they are severing ties with the NRA Foundation which is a non political entity that supports 4-H clubs, junior rifle clubs, ROTC marksmanship programs, and other numerous outdoor activities including firearms and Hunter safety training.

Call or write Yeti at:

Yeti Corporate Office
7601 Southwest Parkway
Austin, Texas 78735
1-512-394-9384

Their website has a contact option but it does not allow messages to be returned.... At least I could not make it work...

Clark Howard
04-21-2018, 06:53
Yeti's chinese suppliers have expanded their distribution, which has affected Yeti's bottom line.

dryheat
04-21-2018, 07:05
$600 coolers. You think the buyers might be rich liberals?

JB White
04-21-2018, 07:22
$600 coolers. You think the buyers might be rich liberals?

Do you mean the stereotypical types who use a $1200 cell phone to order a car online without inspecting or price haggling? You know...the ones who believe a $16 burger is better because it has a fancy name.

They aren't all rich. They just act like they are. :)

dryheat
04-21-2018, 07:32
Every time I have gone to Bass Pro I leave P**** off. That's where I saw my first Yeti cooler(while looking for a practical cooler that I couldn't find). I went once to get a little camp stove. All they had were these tiny stoves you carry climbing Mt. Everest. I finally found a normal stove at Big 5. No one had the time to wait on me when I went looking for hiking boots. I finally paid more at REI where they spent some time to help me.

Griff Murphey
04-21-2018, 07:57
Say what you will they are a status symbol here in Texas. Every TCU boy in Fort Worth has a Yeti sticker on his big new 350 pickup bought with daddy’s money. I have a feeling they are fixing to get somewhat UN-popular.

clintonhater
04-21-2018, 02:16
I have a feeling they are fixing to get somewhat UN-popular.

Average college boy is too wrapped up in himself to know or care.

Griff Murphey
04-22-2018, 07:56
The college kids down here are by and large gun friendly.

Major Tom
04-23-2018, 05:16
Yeti, over priced Chinese junk.

Art
04-23-2018, 07:05
The college kids down here are by and large gun friendly.

Griff is correct. It is also true that their well off daddies own these coolers in very large numbers. On deer season opening weekend down here the highways are full of giant SUVs and pick up trucks many of which have Yeti coolers on them and NRA stickers on the bumper.

Add to that the fact that there are now competitor coolers that are equivalent and cost less money and the folks who sell Yeti may have hurt themselves more than they realize.

clintonhater
04-23-2018, 01:45
On deer season opening weekend down here the highways are full of giant SUVs and pick up trucks many of which have Yeti coolers on them and NRA stickers on the bumper.

Next time you see one, pull the driver over & tell him about what kind of company he's supporting! Do hunting eqpt. suppliers like Cabela's sell Yeti, & if so have they been informed?

Art
04-23-2018, 01:58
Next time you see one, pull the driver over & tell him about what kind of company he's supporting! Do hunting eqpt. suppliers like Cabela's sell Yeti, & if so have they been informed?

I doubt I'll do that for reasons of personal safety :). If they're NRA members I think they'll find out soon enough, I'm sure it'll be in the next American Rifleman.