PDA

View Full Version : Now it’s You Tube beating us up!

Griff Murphey
03-22-2018, 06:51
They announced they are going to remove all “gun assrmbly” and “bump fire” Youtubes. Ok fine with the bump fire but what about all of the stupid NON-GUN stunts they have on that site that undoubtedly get lots of prople hurt when they try them? Not sure if this means we will lose all the assembly/ disassembly maintenance videos. I use those every so often and will miss them. This left wing drive is really aimed at tainting our entire hobby and Constitutional Right as evil! Damn...

Major Tom
03-22-2018, 07:01
I have used You Tube assembly/disassembly vidios many times. so will miss them if that happens. I also like the 'idiots at work'.

barretcreek
03-22-2018, 08:52
If there is a demand for something someone will supply it. Youtube, etc are cutting their throats; they are giving a potential rival a ready made customer base. Go for it, Zuck!

togor
03-22-2018, 09:11
Crap, if they get rid of videos like this it will be a huge loss.

https://youtu.be/ehLg3n9_ruM

clintonhater
03-22-2018, 09:47
Just within the last week I happened to hear a report of a large survey of college students on their personal interpretation of "free speech." It meant, to them, ONLY ideas & opinions they agreed with! Contrary opinions had no such rights, because they were, by their definition, "incorrect," and liable to mislead others!

blackhawknj
03-22-2018, 09:52
"When Liberals talk about 'education', what they mean is 'indoctrination'". William Bennett
I will continue to watch YouTube but their advertisers will get none of my dollars.

free1954
03-25-2018, 04:38
If there is a demand for something someone will supply it. Youtube, etc are cutting their throats; they are giving a potential rival a ready made customer base. Go for it, Zuck!

lets hope someone else picks them up. I for one will surely miss those videos.

JOHN COOK
03-25-2018, 05:15
I wasn't raised on U TUBE and I don't depend on it for a DAMN thing !!!!
john

dryheat
03-25-2018, 07:04
But I'll tell you, I've repaired plenty of stuff on cars and guns that I'd have spent half a day figuring out without Utube.

Griff Murphey
03-25-2018, 08:39
I still have my old 1960’s NRA assembly/disassembly books which cover nearly everything I own.

clintonhater
03-25-2018, 05:00
I still have my old 1960’s NRA assembly/disassembly books which cover nearly everything I own.

So do I, along with the 4 vol. Gun Digest set. However, a WELL thought out & filmed video does make some complicated jobs easier, such as some of Brownell's. For ex., I know I'd never have been able to remove the rear sight on my SKS without the video that demonstrated how it's done.

dryheat
03-25-2018, 06:30
WELL thought out and filmed. That's key. I usually have to watch several before you hit pay dirt. Some I watch the first ten seconds and bail.

holdover
03-30-2018, 04:50
haven't watched many youtube gun fix videos, but if there are a few that you like, copy them onto a memory stick before they are removed, just google how to copy u-tube..

JB White
03-30-2018, 09:42
WELL thought out and filmed. That's key. I usually have to watch several before you hit pay dirt. Some I watch the first ten seconds and bail.

You got that right. Most are just wasted time with a few seconds of common knowledge. Takes a while before finding one where someone knows how to edit. Even tougher before finding someone who knows what the heck they're doing. At least the good ones are out there amongst the garbage.
The reference books cover the most popular and some of the older ones. Not all guns and not the manufacturers changes since publication. I have 6 separate volumes of the Gun Digest series along with a few revised/updated copies tossed into the mix. Not to mention the dedicated and expensive hardcover books, along with the "Kinks" series, and any milsurp takedown article I saved in plastic sleeves stored in 3" binders. It's not enough. Sometimes you need to look elsewhere and the online videos come in handy.

Auto repair. Sometimes you need to pull the dashboard and sometimes a savvy redneck has discovered a workaround. Appliance repair. Saved a lot of time and money troubleshooting via YouTube. Ditto on boiler repair.

dave
04-01-2018, 09:11
I have never watched utube, face book, etc. etc! Nevr found a "need" fo any of that BS!

dryheat
04-02-2018, 12:38
Utube saves me money on car repairs. That's not BS.