PDA

View Full Version : Country music fans who like guns may want to cross off Garth Brooks

Griff Murphey
03-21-2018, 11:03
He is supporting the "March of our Lives" protest which seems to me to be mainly about making service rifles illegal, rather than making schools safer.

Vern Humphrey
03-21-2018, 12:03
Who or what is "Garth Brooks?"

clintonhater
03-21-2018, 01:07

Somebody who didn't need a sex-change operation to be a pussy. Probably hopes this move will reinvigorate his failing career.

IditarodJoe
03-21-2018, 02:45
He never even made it onto my list in the first place. Same with Shania Twain, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, and Sheryl Crow. All pansy-a$$ phonies from the git-go.

JB White
03-21-2018, 04:46
Hmmm...I dunno. I don't always agree with Sheryl Crow's views but she has been "over there" since before she was famous. She may hang out with a lot of conservatives but her views are strictly her own. Marching to a different drummer at times. I think she's pretty genuine for who/what she is.

I also think she's talented....if you care for alternative rock.

leftyo
03-21-2018, 06:44
he had a few good songs, but for the most part i never thought the fat man was that great.

clintonhater
03-21-2018, 07:41
She may hang out with a lot of conservatives but her views are strictly her own. Marching to a different drummer at times. I think she's pretty genuine for who/what she is.

What conservatives? She's genuine all right--a genuine left wing nut case. Who couldn't keep her man.

ray55classic
03-21-2018, 09:02

A social disease highly resistant to antibiotics similar to a ''Rusty Staub''

JB White
03-22-2018, 01:53
What conservatives? She's genuine all right--a genuine left wing nut case. Who couldn't keep her man.

Practically the whole industry is left of left but I don't think she choses her personal friends based on politics alone. She's seen with too many different types. What did irk me was her public endorsement of Obama. Her personal life is her own so long as she's not playing politics.

Garth Brooks, a guy who can't really sing but had the right songs at the right time. Put on some great shows. An admitted A-hole in real life according to interviews. Not anyone I'm paying attention to anymore.

clintonhater
03-22-2018, 06:36
Her personal life is her own so long as she's not playing politics.

When is she not playing politics! Bitch has endorsed, or been involved with, countless left-wing causes!

Allen
03-22-2018, 06:49
Elvis is as country as I get. I think if he were still around he would be a Conservative. He loved the South and he loved his guns.

Sunray
03-23-2018, 09:35
All of Hollywood and the other assorted hangers on will jump on any band wagon. The issue is they all think their opinion as celebrities, matters. The sad part is the stupid people agree with 'em.
The AR-15 is not a service rifle. Never has been. Never will be. Service rifles are select fire. Sporting rifles are not.

leftyo
03-23-2018, 11:08
Jamey Johnson is good old school country, and a staunch supporter of the 2nd.

dryheat
03-24-2018, 07:12
I quite country music at Taylor Swift.

leftyo
03-24-2018, 05:51
I quite country music at Taylor Swift.

aint nothin' country about that dingbat.

dryheat
03-24-2018, 06:05
Nope, she sure as heck isn't country, but our big stations here were actually playing her nonsensical stuff for a while. Actually, I kind of was easing out quite a bit before that. Clint Black, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill were probably that last ones I liked. Garth Brooks is smart and very rich, and it seems like Hollywood they have to start backing liberal stuff. I'm sure there's plenty of "country" artists who are gay and would love to march in the parade but know they aren't rich or famous enough to kill there careers yet.

leftyo
03-24-2018, 06:42
Nope, she sure as heck isn't country, but our big stations here were actually playing her nonsensical stuff for a while. Actually, I kind of was easing out quite a bit before that. Clint Black, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill were probably that last ones I liked. Garth Brooks is smart and very rich, and it seems like Hollywood they have to start backing liberal stuff. I'm sure there's plenty of "country" artists who are gay and would love to march in the parade but know they aren't rich or famous enough to kill there careers yet.

i finally had to change the station on my garage radio. when i had to keep looking over and wonder who the heck keeps changing my radio to rap. the new stuff they play on the radio sucks.

Richard Turner/Turner Saddlery
03-24-2018, 07:07
Haven't listened to so called FM country music stations in years. Have Sirius radio in shop, house and truck, primarily keep it tuned to Willie's Roadhouse where we receive a daily dose of the likes of Hank Williams Sr., Webb Pierce, Porter Wagoner, Ernest Tubb, Moe Bandy, Roy Acuff, Jean Sheppard, Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty, Connie Smith and many others.

This song written by Larry Cordle and Larry Shell says it all.

Performed by George Straight and Alan Jackson "Murder on Music Row"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny3K9irFC5k

Back story of the song and performed by Larry Cordle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807Kfum44hk

leftyo
03-24-2018, 07:18
https://youtu.be/EYGwxf1gCC4 like i said, Jamey has a bunch of good stuff, but not much of it gets any air play. sadly!

03-24-2018, 07:45
I hear Jamey Johnson on Willie's Roadhouse everyday, mostly on Dallas Wayne's Show in the afternoon.

PWC
03-24-2018, 09:00
Why would we want to listen to people in Hollywood who make their living from make believe? Do it long enough and you can't tell the difference in what's real and make believe.

free1954
03-25-2018, 04:34
david allen coe is about as country as I get. how's he feel about guns?

JOHN COOK
03-25-2018, 05:24
David Allen Coe, "I was drunk the day my moma got out of prison". Then next few lines , " she got runned over by a damn ole train".....
I'm with you free1954.

john

dryheat
03-25-2018, 06:59
-and if that ain't country, you can kiss my ***.

03-25-2018, 07:35
Got all of Coe's Underground Cds. Walked into a Honky Tonk in Palestine, Texas, back in 2006, and they were playing some of his rank underground songs that you would never hear on the radio and asked the DJ where you can find those. During his break, he went out to his truck and gave me an extra set he had. Plastered on the front and back of the cd case it is emblazoned with "Not for public or commercial airplay".

Still think Willie has aged better. Beads Man, Beads!

dryheat
03-25-2018, 08:00
Oh, brother. Not quite so country.

Allen
03-25-2018, 08:34
From Hee Haw

leftyo
03-25-2018, 01:41
Got all of Coe's Underground Cds. Walked into a Honky Tonk in Palestine, Texas, back in 2006, and they were playing some of his rank underground songs that you would never hear on the radio and asked the DJ where you can find those. During his break, he went out to his truck and gave me an extra set he had. Plastered on the front and back of the cd case it is emblazoned with "Not for public or commercial airplay".

Still think Willie has aged better. Beads Man, Beads!

he is a bit of a freak, but i like his music. if you listen to the words, he is a very good song writer.

Allen
03-25-2018, 03:10
[I]Still think Willie has aged better.

But Willie looked old when he was young.

Unless you are speaking about when he was real young.

clintonhater
03-25-2018, 05:05
Unless you are speaking about when he was real young.

Never saw him at that age, but saw him several times in the '70s in small bars or clubs in Texas--which I'd never have wanted to do if he looked then the freakish way he looks now.

leftyo
03-25-2018, 05:42
willie looked odd when he was young, now he just looks petrified.

aintright
03-25-2018, 06:23
And there's Tennessee Ernie Ford , Shotgun Boogie ! It'll put a smile on your face .
Kenneth

leftyo
03-25-2018, 06:32
i always like 16 tons.