PDA

View Full Version : Dick's sporting goods to discontinue selling Semiauto rifles such as the AR-15

Griff Murphey
02-28-2018, 04:52
Dick's is discontinuing selling AR-15s and their mags, no word on hi cap pistols! Or 12 gauge pumps with 00 buck which are exactly as deadly at close range if not more so.

I have never done business with them.

Wonder if they are going to show REAL commitment by destroying their stocks rather than fluffing them off on another seller...??

What about .223 ammo?

Clark Howard
02-28-2018, 06:37
I went to Dick's to purchase a couple of boxes of 20 ga. shotshells on special. Clerk says, "Can I help you with something?" I respond, "I want two boxes of the shotgun shells that are on special." Clerk says, "Unless you know what size bullet you want, I can't help you." Pointing to the display of 20 ga shotshells, I say, "I just want two of these." Clerk says, "Do those bullets fit your rifle?" I answer, "I should go home and check before I buy them." That was the last time I entered Dick's Sporting Goods. I see them as a clothing retailer that stocks some hunting and fishing stuff. Regards, Clark

clintonhater
02-28-2018, 06:42
I have never done business with them.

Worst excuse for a sporting goods store I've ever seen; even Walmart is superior.

Roadkingtrax
02-28-2018, 06:45
They sold the rifle to Cruz.

Not sure Big Box stores are long for this world anyway.

Allen
02-28-2018, 06:59
Dick's always lives up to it's name.

Liam
02-28-2018, 07:05
Stopped going to Sports Authority years ago when they discontinued sale of ammunition. Switched to Galyan's. Since selling out to Dick's, the store has been on a downhill slide for me. Unless….I happen to need some super tight Spandex outfits.

JB White
02-28-2018, 08:02
Dick's has always catered to the whims of their locale. Local WalMart does the same when it comes to firearms. It only takes a small group of housewives to stage a morning protest. The manager comes outside, tells them what they want to hear (We will no longer...) and away they go. Meanwhile the rest of us show up looking only to discover PC has made us waste our time in their parking lot. Local Dicks nearly eliminated any worthwhile firearms but were slowly returning to expanding the line. I noticed it when I stopped to check racquet prices/brands last year.
I wonder if they'll drop the 10/22 again?

Major Tom
02-28-2018, 08:07
Worst excuse for a sporting goods store I've ever seen; even Walmart is superior.

Same opinion here too!

Dan Shapiro
02-28-2018, 08:16

No, they sold a SHOTGUN to Cruz.

clintonhater
02-28-2018, 08:39
Unless….I happen to need some super tight Spandex outfits.

If you do, don't forget the cry-baby hat that completes the outfit.

Roadkingtrax
02-28-2018, 08:53

No, they sold a SHOTGUN to Cruz.

Thanks for the correction.

SloopJohnB
02-28-2018, 12:08
Dick's is a joke. High prices, poor service and they are described as a "Major firearms retailer"? Not even close!

Fred Pillot
02-28-2018, 01:42
According to Limbaugh Dicks stopped selling AR's 6 years ago after Sandyhook. At the same time they created a subsidiary where they DO sell them. So they are working both sides of the Isle. Their new policy is to not sell any firearms to people under 21. FYI

Johnny P
02-28-2018, 01:52
I have never been a sporting goods store as large as Dick's that had absolutely nothing I was interested in. 10,000 pair of tennis shoes and not one leather lace up boot.

free1954
02-28-2018, 03:17
here, the dick's and field and stream are one big store. sports clothing and supplies at dick's. hunting and shooting and fishing at field and stream.

dryheat
02-28-2018, 06:53
I have never been a sporting goods store as large as Dick's that had absolutely nothing I was interested in. 10,000 pair of tennis shoes and not one leather lace up boot.

I went in there to try and find a sleeveless vest. They had one and it was North face and $100. On the lower floor there were about a thousand pairs of "running shoes" on tables so full they were spilling off onto the floor. Flourescent green, orange, tiger striped. I thought I was in Thailand. That was it for me.

Allen
03-01-2018, 04:21
I've only stuck my head into one Dick's store. I didn't walk more than 10' past the entrance door. In the BACK CORNER of the store I could see what appeared to be about 200 shotguns--all the same make. The rest of the store was just racks and mountains of underwear. Not my idea of a sporting goods store so I left. I didn't even observe the high prices. Makes you wonder if they use these stores as a front for something else.

clintonhater
03-01-2018, 05:46
Flourescent green, orange, tiger striped. I thought I was in Thailand.

Between US and Thailand, or any other part of the Turd World, what's the difference in popular fashion & taste? Except that US citizens have a lot more dough to squander on throw-away junk.