PDA

View Full Version : Cross Enterprise rent a car off your list

PaFrank
02-23-2018, 01:08
they have joined the Anti's

http://www.businessinsider.com/nra-members-wont-get-any-more-enterprise-rental-car-discounts-2018-2

bruce
02-23-2018, 04:20
Happily there are numerous other rental car companies available. Next time I'm at the airport, will use someone other than Enterprise, but I will step over and let them know the reason I am not stopping at their desk. Sincerely. bruce.

Vern Humphrey
02-23-2018, 04:30
Happily there are numerous other rental car companies available. Next time I'm at the airport, will use someone other than Enterprise, but I will step over and let them know the reason I am not stopping at their desk. Sincerely. bruce.

There ya go -- a boycott is ineffective if you don't tell the company WHY they're being boycotted,

clintonhater
02-23-2018, 04:38
Happily there are numerous other rental car companies available.

But it's also Hertz & another one! I've rented a car once in my life & never plan to do it again, but wish I knew some way to strike back at them. Others, to prove their PC credentials, will no doubt jump on the bandwagon, and FedEx already has.

jcg&jmbfan
02-23-2018, 05:19
But it's also Hertz & another one! I've rented a car once in my life & never plan to do it again, but wish I knew some way to strike back at them. Others, to prove their PC credentials, will no doubt jump on the bandwagon, and FedEx already has.

Fed Ex doesn't seem to mind making a lot of money delivering cmp rifles. Got to love hypocrites.

Griff Murphey
02-23-2018, 09:00
Also Chubb and MetLife had some kind of insurance discount extended to NRA members and they have dropped that. Looks like a full scaie war against us. I even saw an Internet commercial against us from Fordham University, of all things.

JB White
02-24-2018, 04:15
Locally, Enterprise has NEVER honored my NRA card among the discounts offered. This is nothing new as far as I'm concerned.

This single line in the article explains a lot:

"Customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA,"
Customer feedback! They looked at how many were boycotting them vs. the number of discounts offered us. Guess what? They did the math and they must stay in business. How many here contacted NFL sponsors in response to 'flag kneeling' recently? The antis are giving us a taste of our own medicine in a much larger way. The antis have always been the queen of knee jerk reactions and they have a larger audience willing to participate in the latest "just cause" crusade.

The NRA has been successfully demonized again. I can't begin to tell how I was almost crucified the other night by a group of members in my own lodge. They all took the bait, but only a couple would admit "I didn't know that". Good people bombarded by bad misinformation without any sources to cross reference. The War on Us isn't looking good right now.

m1ashooter
02-24-2018, 06:00
The discounts are to bring business to these companies. I wonder what the ROI was for them in the first place. It is probably a good business decision for them to drop the NRA. They didn't do it for no other reason then business reasons.

clintonhater
02-24-2018, 06:36
Looks like a full scaie war against us...

Without a doubt. NRA has been demonized by the media for many years, but the new tactic is, while ramping up the slander against NRA ("child-murderers"), to simultaneously attack legislators supported by NRA. In this mobocracy, thoughtful consideration has little chance against hysteria; not the quality of your logic, but the decibels of your voice, determines our fate.

clintonhater
02-24-2018, 09:09
The anti-NRA pile-on is snowballing--no company wants to be left out of the PC parade. But why should this be surprising? Corporate America has been one of the most consistent promoters of PC & related left-wing causes--remember Coke's "We are the world" ad campaign 20 yrs ago? More recently, TV commercials have been carrying the promotion of left-wing causes to new levels of "in your face" advocacy: from emigration to miscegenation.

Therefor, I never, if there's any conceivable alternative, buy ANY product advertised on TV. Also believe knee-jerk opposition by conservatives to foreign-made products is misplaced--the Chinese aren't trying to force their social policies down my throat.

Former Cav
03-01-2018, 04:32
/
the Chinese aren't trying to force their social policies down my throat.

don't be so sure about that!!

http://www.thedailybell.com/news-analysis/why-the-chinese-demand-us-gun-control

clintonhater
03-01-2018, 05:46
/

don't be so sure about that!!

Maybe--but it isn't liberal-inspired commercials for Chinese-made products that make me want to puke every time I see them.

Rick the Librarian
03-01-2018, 07:47
Too bad -- the origins of Enterprise were downright sterling. The founder of Enterprise was a carrier pilot on the USS Enterprise (CV6). He was so proud of his ship and his service, that he named his company after the carrier.

It certainly has come on hard times.