PDA

View Full Version : Show me your hands!

dryheat
01-03-2018, 06:06
Not saying at all some of these shootings aren't wrong, but how is it when the cops are screaming, Show me your hands! Show me your hands! some of these guys decide it's time to scratch their ass?

Sako
01-03-2018, 10:34
You know the human brain is the most brilliant thing on the planet but it is also the most flawed.

p246
01-04-2018, 06:29
Actually in my experience most do. When they don’t it usually involves alcohol, drugs, or pride. On a few occasions I’ve seen people completely shut down. They don’t reach for something they just don’t move. Personally I hope to never address an innocent person with threat of force. The reality is bad actors like to blend in and sorting them out is not always easy. I would love to get laid off because society suddenly got along and everyone behaved. I’m sure in 7years when I retire it will still be a xxxx show.

Sunray
01-04-2018, 09:16
When the cops are screaming, they're in panic mode. Do exactly what they tell you. They're scared too.

Allen
01-04-2018, 09:59
You know the human brain is the most brilliant thing on the planet but it is also the most flawed.
Especially with a bullet going through it.

clintonhater
01-04-2018, 11:22
When the cops are screaming, they're in panic mode.

Obviously so--as in these many televised scenes of violent forced entry into a suspect's home; nobody inside the place could possibly understand what was going on except that a frenzied mob was at his door.

US infantrymen confronting far more dangerous situations in house-to-house searches would be recommended for Section 8 if they lost control this way.

phil441
01-08-2018, 10:25
I've always been told a scared cop is your worst nightmare. I have no reason to doubt it.

blackhawknj
01-09-2018, 06:57
Given the spread of drug use which makes people act irrationally....IIRC it is drug use that has caused the 38 Special to go out of fashion. -

p246
01-09-2018, 07:03
Given the spread of drug use which makes people act irrationally....IIRC it is drug use that has caused the 38 Special to go out of fashion. -

An old cop who was about to retire when I started in 1989 said the only thing a .38 Special would kill is a cop...We were in .357 Magnums then but soon switched over to wonder 9s.

S.A. Boggs
01-10-2018, 09:46
Especially when it is on something.
Sam

- - - Updated - - -

An old cop who was about to retire when I started in 1989 said the only thing a .38 Special would kill is a cop...We were in .357 Magnums then but soon switched over to wonder 9s.
We were allowed to use 38/357, mine was a Model 28 using 125 JHP that I loaded to max. You couldn't tell mine from issue except when fired.
Sam

Allen
01-10-2018, 09:56

Some drugs increase the adrenalin flow amongst other things. It was brought up in the old Dirty Harry movies. Use something like a 44mag, take off their head or most of it and they will stop.