PDA

View Full Version : Herringbone shooting jacket

Chilly
03-02-2010, 04:06
Guys,

Somewhere along the line I acquired an OD green herringbone shooting coat. It has no collar, quilted padded elbows, quilted padded shoulder pad, right breast pocket with buttoned flap, and five buttons up the front. Any information on what I've got here?

Thanks,
Chilly

Liam
03-03-2010, 10:10
Sounds like the one in photo below. I recently bought a repro USMC shooting jacket. No longer Herringbone. Would love to have found an Army shooting jacket, but no such animal exists on the internet. Some have the globe & anchor symbol, some don't.http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/Liam_068/ww2_marine_m1.jpg

Chilly
03-03-2010, 03:04
Yes, it looks very much like that one, right down to the stitch pattern on the elbow pad. Thanks.

henerygale12
05-03-2010, 01:34
Hi guys,

wow.....it's awesome.....!

Thanks

Regards
Henery Gale

John Kepler
05-03-2010, 05:56
Guys,

Somewhere along the line I acquired an OD green herringbone shooting coat. It has no collar, quilted padded elbows, quilted padded shoulder pad, right breast pocket with buttoned flap, and five buttons up the front. Any information on what I've got here?

Thanks,
Chilly

Your basic "G.P. Mays" GI Rag-Jacket. I figure everybody that shoots competition bought one when they started....and then quickly moved on to something (anything!) better. FWIW, I still drag the old Mays ragger out when I do load/bench testing...better off a bench than my Creedmoor Hardback!

Dan Shapiro
05-03-2010, 11:34
Hmmmmm.....I've also got the lamp. :icon_wink:

Griff Murphey
09-12-2010, 09:03
Dan: Did you ever use the old aluminum 35mm film can? Punch a hole in the top, throw in some carbide. When you got on the line you spit in to the can, screwed on the lid, and lit it. Enough black for 1-3 rifles!

Jeff L
09-14-2010, 03:58
I seem to recall a Zippo lighter will do the trick too.

-Jeff L