PDA

View Full Version : bump fire stocks

noslack327
10-09-2017, 08:56
25 pages of bump fire stocks on gun broker, first listed was 1199.00 dollars, Bahahahahahah.:banana100::banana100::banana100:

RED
10-10-2017, 05:54
25 pages of bump fire stocks on gun broker, first listed was 1199.00 dollars, Bahahahahahah.:banana100::banana100::banana100:

I remember 25+ years ago seeing a guy demonstrate a similar device made out of cardboard and some rubber bands. I don't remember any of the details and I have never examined one up close but I suspect that outlawing the devices themselves will be a waste of effort because they can be improvised fairly easily.

leftyo
10-10-2017, 06:37
people are foolish. if you really feel the need for one, might take half an hour in the garage to make your own.

Sunray
10-10-2017, 09:55
"...cardboard and some rubber bands..." Takes a wooden match for an FN C1A1.
"...outlawing the devices..." Makes it look like they're doing something. The issue is who will do it. The ATF makes law by regulation all the time.

jsaviano
10-11-2017, 04:17
Bump fire stock:................................Piece of sh&t

Major Tom
10-11-2017, 04:54
In my 60+ years of handling firearms I've never seen the need for any such devise. I had plenty of trigger time in Vietnam to satisfy my 'full auto' feeling. As for rubber bands, yes that will work. You Tube shows plenty of ways to do it. Also, a thumb in your belt loop will work too. It won't hurt my feelings if those bump fire gizzmos are outlawed. Let the anti gunners feel like they are doing something great.

JB White
10-13-2017, 10:07
I agree with all the above except for one thing.

Let the anti gunners feel like they are doing something great.

No. WE need to push for controls on the blasted contraptions. If you let them do it, they'll not only feel as though they have done something. They'll also think they "defeated the gun lobby and the NRA". They won't stop after that. We'll only escalate the fight. So, we need to do it. Makes us look respectable in the public eye and they won't know how to handle it.

Dick Hosmer
10-13-2017, 10:44
I agree with all the above except for one thing.

No. WE need to push for controls on the blasted contraptions. If you let them do it, they'll not only feel as though they have done something. They'll also think they "defeated the gun lobby and the NRA". They won't stop after that. We'll only escalate the fight. So, we need to do it. Makes us look respectable in the public eye and they won't know how to handle it.

SO true - failing to grasp the initiative, in the brief window that we have, would be STOOOPID. The item in question is piece of s**t, which was expressly designed to skirt an existing law, and for no other reason. Anyone who cannot grasp that is an idiot. And, please, spare me the domino theory - this is an item that we do NOT need, can afford to give up, and should not be part of the chain. We have all sorts of good and righteous grievances - this isn't one of them!

Dan Shapiro
10-13-2017, 01:27
I still think the original ATF "approval" of the bump-stock was a parting gift from King Barack's administration. They opened 8 years ago with "Fast and Furious". Both, I believe, had the same intent. Generate enough deaths and the general public would rise up in indignation and demand Congress "do something".

On that note, I also believe the NRA took the right course. Congress didn't need to do anything. It should have been up to the ATF to quash the product under their classification and rule making authority.

Dolt
10-16-2017, 02:43
SO true - failing to grasp the initiative, in the brief window that we have, would be STOOOPID. The item in question is piece of s**t, which was expressly designed to skirt an existing law, and for no other reason. Anyone who cannot grasp that is an idiot. And, please, spare me the domino theory - this is an item that we do NOT need, can afford to give up, and should not be part of the chain. We have all sorts of good and righteous grievances - this isn't one of them!

How about "wrist brace" attachments. We all know what they are used for. Outlaw 'em!!! No Legitimate Sporting Purpose!!! While your at it, outlaw concert crowds. Slippery slope boys, slippery slope.

leftyo
10-16-2017, 03:50
How about "wrist brace" attachments. We all know what they are used for. Outlaw 'em!!! No Legitimate Sporting Purpose!!! While your at it, outlaw concert crowds. Slippery slope boys, slippery slope.

dont waste your time, these guys dont care. unless it is something they use and like!

JB White
10-16-2017, 04:15
dont waste your time, these guys dont care. unless it is something they use and like!

Really? That's what you think of us? Your problem is you're so stubborn, short sighted, and so full of yourself believing you're smarter than you really are, you're blind and ignorant to the big picture.
You would rather call people names, spread your own gossip, and twist others words to suit your own personal chest puffing agenda.
You can't even stop long enough to think about what others might think, or even consider there might be some merit to some other idea besides your own.
I wouldn't want someone like you on my crew.

leftyo
10-16-2017, 06:01
Really? That's what you think of us? Your problem is you're so stubborn, short sighted, and so full of yourself believing you're smarter than you really are, you're blind and ignorant to the big picture.
You would rather call people names, spread your own gossip, and twist others words to suit your own personal chest puffing agenda.
You can't even stop long enough to think about what others might think, or even consider there might be some merit to some other idea besides your own.
I wouldn't want someone like you on my crew.

you might step back a second and read your own words before you start accusing someone of doing things that you yourself are in the act of doing! not full of myself , nor short sighted. in the other threads on this subject ive gone to great lengths arguing the merits of not having a knee jerk reaction about an innanimate object. my thoughts are deeply concerned with the future of gun ownership, where as its quite clear a large portion of the members on this forum are willing to throw out the baby with the bath water! doesnt much matter what a persons thoughts are on this stock, there is a bigger picture! dont think id care to be on "your crew".

Dick Hosmer
10-16-2017, 06:47

I think that you need to read and understand your own closing message.

leftyo
10-16-2017, 06:57
what more can be said. http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/10/05/pelosi-certainly-hope-bump-stock-ban-beginning-slippery-slope-gun-control/

remus
10-16-2017, 08:43
Sounds to me like there is more than one here that thinks he knows what is best for society and are spewing vitriol and one way thinking. I wouldn't want either of them on my crew. They are not giving a very positive view of themselves, just being one way.

John Sukey
10-24-2017, 03:28
Don't need no stinking "bump fire stock"
Vickers
Bren
Sten
Lewis

dobek
10-25-2017, 07:54
Let’s willingly get into those boxcars - it’ll make us look like good guys

Will someone PLEASE show me ONE instance where gun grabbers gave in ANY concession.

You think feeding a hungry tiger a steak will turn them into a vegetarian.

I think bump stocks are a waste - and I dislike glocks — you see it’s called a personal preference - and I don’t willing give up personal preferences to the whim of a government bureaucrat

So, you like glocks - great keep em - I just wont buy one. You want a bump stock - great buy one, I just won’t. See how that works - it’s called freedom

I don’t get why you are in such a hurry to look like a good guy - it ain’t gonna work

And you want to understand slippery slope and losing one freedom at a time - come to California and you will quickly learn the gun grabbers desires

Steve

PS - remember when bayonet lugs were “evil”? You guys are trying to use logic on illogical people (gun grabbers)

free1954
10-27-2017, 02:50
Let’s willingly get into those boxcars - it’ll make us look like good guys

Will someone PLEASE show me ONE instance where gun grabbers gave in ANY concession.

You think feeding a hungry tiger a steak will turn them into a vegetarian.

I think bump stocks are a waste - and I dislike glocks — you see it’s called a personal preference - and I don’t willing give up personal preferences to the whim of a government bureaucrat

So, you like glocks - great keep em - I just wont buy one. You want a bump stock - great buy one, I just won’t. See how that works - it’s called freedom

I don’t get why you are in such a hurry to look like a good guy - it ain’t gonna work

And you want to understand slippery slope and losing one freedom at a time - come to California and you will quickly learn the gun grabbers desires

Steve

PS - remember when bayonet lugs were “evil”? You guys are trying to use logic on illogical people (gun grabbers)

I agree

Dolt
01-16-2018, 03:01
what more can be said. http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/10/05/pelosi-certainly-hope-bump-stock-ban-beginning-slippery-slope-gun-control/

I rest my case..