PDA

View Full Version : This won't get much if any play.

barretcreek
10-05-2017, 07:11
https://www.facebook.com/notes/john-ringo/a-theory-on-las-vegas/10155111388257055/

This is what Congress won't look into. It comes up every time and goes down the rabbit hole.

As the author says, he hopes someone sues the daylights (he uses a simpler term) out of them.

Bill D
10-05-2017, 09:13
After reading this, I have the shivering shakes. This article should be required reading for everyone who takes a prescription drug. We are quick to classify this person (Paddock) as a cold methodical killer who had some hidden addenda to set a new record for the number of victims he could kill before being taken down, but, he may have been on one of these drugs and was totally unaware of how his meds were causing him to slip away into madness.

I don’t know. I hate to cut this guy much slack for killing 58 people in cold blood but on the other hand . . . .
A sane person just wouldn’t have done this.

S.A. Boggs
10-05-2017, 01:57
Having seen many anti-psychotic drugs prescribed and used I can understand this. Remember post office workers who became violent? There are good sides to these meds restoring a person to a place in society, I have also helped to place them in the psychiatric hospital when it didn't go so good. Severe clinical depression is the most common next to the many hallucinations. Anyone on this forum, with the right drug or combination is capable of doing the same thing. The human brain is a complex and delicate organ, easy to alter with chemicals. Some of my cancer pain med's often left me irrational, think goodness my family was there to take care of me.
Sam

Vern Humphrey
10-05-2017, 04:13
Part of the problem is this: The person has to have serious problems before he or she is put on the drug. If the person later becomes violent, how can we tell if it's the drug or the underlying psychosis?

It's kinda like this -- most cars that have flats also have a spare tire. Does carrying a spare tire CAUSE flats?

bruce
10-05-2017, 04:35
Re: Sane people and what they would do. Sane people do outrageous things all the time. One need only take a moment to look at history. There is no indication that there was any insanity among those who led Germany and Japan and Italy to war. None at all. No reason to think this man was mentally impaired. What he did was outrageous and evil in the extreme. But that doesn't at all make him insane. He could do all that and even worse and still be perfectly sane. Just look at liberal left-wing demokrats. To call what they do insane would be unfair to people who are genuinely mentally troubled. Let's all be careful about calling people names without careful thought. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.

S.A. Boggs
10-05-2017, 05:59
Re: Sane people and what they would do. Sane people do outrageous things all the time. One need only take a moment to look at history. There is no indication that there was any insanity among those who led Germany and Japan and Italy to war. None at all. No reason to think this man was mentally impaired. What he did was outrageous and evil in the extreme. But that doesn't at all make him insane. He could do all that and even worse and still be perfectly sane. Just look at liberal left-wing demokrats. To call what they do insane would be unfair to people who are genuinely mentally troubled. Let's all be careful about calling people names without careful thought. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
Bruce is it possible we might be talking about extreme sociopathic behavior?
Sam

clintonhater
10-05-2017, 06:40
Bruce is it possible we might be talking about extreme sociopathic behavior?
Sam

That's what it is, but that's not "insane," for which the clinical term is psychotic; psychotic is hearing voices that command you do something, seeing things or visions invisible to others, believing the people around you are E.T.s masquerading as humans, and the like.

"Extreme sociopathic behavior" is what used to be called (before Freud) "evil."

Vern Humphrey
10-06-2017, 11:32
That's what it is, but that's not "insane," for which the clinical term is psychotic; psychotic is hearing voices that command you do something, seeing things or visions invisible to others, believing the people around you are E.T.s masquerading as humans, and the like.

"Extreme sociopathic behavior" is what used to be called (before Freud) "evil."

"Sane" and "insane" are lawyer terms -- they have no scientific definition.