PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts about the Vegas shooter . . . .

JimF
10-04-2017, 05:30
Has anyone besides me given any thought about the Vegas maniac, the holder of a pilot's license, the owner of two airplanes, and the money necessary to fuel them?
After gaining surveillence of the venue from the 32nd floor, in his demented mind, how many of those 22,000 people could he kill by flying one of his two planes, fully loaded with fuel, into that field of humanity!
A whole lot more than the 59 he took out with the guns, I bet!! --Jim

S.A. Boggs
10-04-2017, 05:37
Has anyone besides me given any thought about the Vegas maniac, the holder of a pilot's license, the owner of two airplanes, and the money necessary to fuel them?
After gaining surveillence of the venue from the 32nd floor, in his demented mind, how many of those 22,000 people could he kill by flying one of his two planes, fully loaded with fuel, into that field of humanity!
A whole lot more than the 59 he took out with the guns, I bet!! --Jim

Worse if extra Jerry cans were onboard, what could have occurred boggles the mind. The more I read there has to be another component to his mindset. He was on a suicidal mission, but why? I have an educated guess but this is only a swag.
Sam

p246
10-04-2017, 07:46
Regulating and predicting evil is very difficult. I was waiting for a BS manifesto but it's starting to appear he did not leave one.

dryheat
10-04-2017, 11:36
He was a postal service worker. First time I saw his picture I thought, Crap! he looks like that goofy guy M I used to work with at the post office. His brother is another goofball. Giving interviews on the sidewalk.

dave
10-05-2017, 07:27
Postal worker? Multimillionaire real-estate investor is more like it.

Allen
10-05-2017, 07:41
All articles state he was a gambler. I wonder if he had run up a huge debt doing such. Perhaps his nice home and 2 planes were in hock and this is why he sent his girlfriend a bunch of cash? Still, if you're going to kill yourself there's no reason to take out anyone else. Sounds like he was pissed at the world at the time.

Or, it could have been politically motivated against the Republicans who would be most present at a country music affair. At the same time he could make a statement for gun control. A lot of his purchases were recent so he may not have been the avid gun collector that he is portrayed to be.

I hope an autopsy is done to see if he had a brain tumor or such.

If half the news we hear is true he was a kind, quite sort.