PDA

View Full Version : Liberty

Rifleman
10-03-2017, 11:13
Several years ago I was watching an interview with Stephen Breyer, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. Breyer is a liberal for sure but I found him rather intelligent and thoughtful so I watched. He began to talk about a word that he had been giving much thought to, "Liberty." What is Liberty he mused. What was it understood to be to our founding fathers? In this interview he confessed that he did not have the answer at that time.

I thought the answer would be easy to find, it was not. Then one day I found a letter from a young soldier in the Union Army written in reply to his father's concern for his moral health.The son assured his father that he had not become a bound but continued to walk manfully in Liberty, rejecting profane language, gambling, alcohol and tobacco. He assured his father that he is an upright christian man.

For for America to survive there must be a revival in this country, and real men need to stand up and be leaders. These leader have to lead men back to Liberty. It use to be that on a Sunday in any given city in America the church bells rand and 80% of the population was in Church...now they drink beer and watch the NFL or NASCAR.

So I'm not going to beat around the bush, the soul that sins will die, sins causes death. Look around this country, the murder, rape, opioid crisis, division and anger. It's a sin problem that is tearing this country apart. Sin leads to gripping poverty, those in it's grasp blame everyone and everything except themselves. God promised that if his people will humble themselves, pray and repent that he would heal the land.

So I'm calling each of you out today, humble yourselves, pray and go to church Sunday.

S.A. Boggs
10-04-2017, 04:18
Several years ago I was watching an interview with Stephen Breyer, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. Breyer is a liberal for sure but I found him rather intelligent and thoughtful so I watched. He began to talk about a word that he had been giving much thought to, "Liberty." What is Liberty he mused. What was it understood to be to our founding fathers? In this interview he confessed that he did not have the answer at that time.

I thought the answer would be easy to find, it was not. Then one day I found a letter from a young soldier in the Union Army written in reply to his father's concern for his moral health.The son assured his father that he had not become a bound but continued to walk manfully in Liberty, rejecting profane language, gambling, alcohol and tobacco. He assured his father that he is an upright christian man.

For for America to survive there must be a revival in this country, and real men need to stand up and be leaders. These leader have to lead men back to Liberty. It use to be that on a Sunday in any given city in America the church bells rand and 80% of the population was in Church...now they drink beer and watch the NFL or NASCAR.

So I'm not going to beat around the bush, the soul that sins will die, sins causes death. Look around this country, the murder, rape, opioid crisis, division and anger. It's a sin problem that is tearing this country apart. Sin leads to gripping poverty, those in it's grasp blame everyone and everything except themselves. God promised that if his people will humble themselves, pray and repent that he would heal the land.

So I'm calling each of you out today, humble yourselves, pray and go to church Sunday.
Unless Liberty is practiced, cherished, guarded men will forget what this right is and no it is not an American Right but a human right. Unless I have liberty I am not a free man. I now know what God's Liberty is as having cancer gave me no fear for if I die my place is assured, my pathway clear and is this not ETERNAL LIBERTY!
Sam

Clark Howard
10-04-2017, 06:36
A large percentage of people who consider themselves "free", are more accurately described as "loose". Most loose ends get cut off when the going gets tough. Regards, Clark

Oyaji
10-04-2017, 06:41
A large percentage of people who consider themselves "free", are more accurately described as "loose". Most loose ends get cut off when the going gets tough. Regards, Clark

+1

Well said, Clark.

Marty T.
10-04-2017, 10:10

I will be there for sure. Always have and always will. God is GOOD!! And His ways are RIGHT. It is not in man to "direct his own steps", we need guidance from On High.
Only thing I would add, is try to find something good to do for someone every day, if no more than a smile and hello, and see if it doesn't make your day and theirs better