PDA

View Full Version : Individual frozen meals

dryheat
10-03-2017, 01:55
I eat a lot of frozen pot pies ect. due to being single and working for a living. I have partaken in a lot of various frozen meals. My choices; Lean Cuisine: you can't go wrong. Healthy Choice; good for you, but not exciting. Marie Callenders: Pretty good; best pot pies. Michilinas(sp) junk pasta. Chile's(the restaurant) came out with a line of frozen meals. Do yourself a favor; don't partake. I think this offering will kill off the chain. Want something really good? Stoufers. I like lasagna and I like what they put out. Then there's P.F. Chang's Chinese. Not individual meals, and watch out for the offerings loaded up with carrots. I hate the carrot trick.

Allen
10-03-2017, 06:38
If there is a KFC in your area try out their pot pies. Stoufers frozen lasagna IS good--no need to make it from scratch.

Oyaji
10-03-2017, 06:56
I agree that Stouffer's frozen lasagne is pretty good however, keep in mind that most, if not all, frozen and prepared foods are very high in sodium. If you have a Costco nearby, you might want to consider looking at their prepared dinners; overall quality and variety is quite good. Costco's prepared dinners are found in the meat department.

Vern Humphrey
10-03-2017, 09:20
As my wife and I get older, we do less and less cooking and more microwaving. I agree with all the above.

My wife was losing weight, and she can't afford that. We found Jimmy Dean's sausage biscuits, "crossandwiches" and so on and that put a few pounds back on her.

Sunray
10-03-2017, 09:56
Nutritionally, TV dinners are like eating preservatives with saw dust and salt. Kill you slowly.
"...KFC in your area..." Where the secret ingredient is salt.

Vern Humphrey
10-03-2017, 10:20
Nutritionally, TV dinners are like eating preservatives with saw dust and salt. Kill you slowly.
That's okay . . . We're in no hurry.:evil6: