PDA

View Full Version : Why are football players kneeling?

Ken The Kanuck
09-30-2017, 09:49
I understand that it is some kind of political protest, but about what?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/o-canada-seahawks-anthem-controvery-1.4314932

KTK

JB White
09-30-2017, 09:56
Some are kneeling in solidarity like she is, but they haven't a real clue as to why. The kneeling is the result of ignorance and the "solidarity" part is just a trend to follow. Yesterday I was told that I don't understand. Correct, because most of us do understand our National Anthem.

m1ashooter
09-30-2017, 10:16
Isn't she special. I have too much respect for Canada to disrespect the people of Canada by kneeling. If she plans to disrespect a country she is a guest in then I hope they don't let her in my country. All is fair as Canada will not let Manning in.

I really don't care why dumb ass people are kneeling during our national anthem. I was brought up to stand and be respectful when the anthem of any country is played. If these protestors really want to make a difference then organize, march, vote and put their money where their mouth is. Dr King didn't take a knee.

Merc
10-01-2017, 04:37
Another reason for the silent majority to vote with our feet and wallet.

Major Tom
10-01-2017, 06:50
Ah, they are protesting inequality and police brutality. While they make millions and do nothing to help out.

Ken The Kanuck
10-01-2017, 07:42
Ah, they are protesting inequality and police brutality. While they make millions and do nothing to help out.

Wow, they are going to be on their knees for a long time then.

I wouldn't let her in either.

KTK

Sunray
10-01-2017, 09:40
Millionaire arrested adolescents playing a children's game protesting racial inequality. Goes back over a year. Then The Donald opened his face and said they were insulting the U.S. flag and should be fired.
The real question is why our anthem is being sung at a foreign event in the first place.

blackhawknj
10-01-2017, 02:36
People too young to remember Jim Crow, legal segregation, the indignities that black people put up with 60-70 years ago. People who earn more in a DAY that their fans earn in a YEAR. And yes, people who aren't involved in their communities, don't volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, etc.

JB White
10-01-2017, 05:40
The real question is why our anthem is being sung at a foreign event in the first place.

It's always been a sign of respect between neighbors. Now, she has taken it upon herself to disrupt that tradition while disrespecting the country she's visiting. She isn't even aware of why or the potential consequences of her actions.
She may be a talented singer but dumb as a box of rocks in other areas.

jon_norstog
10-01-2017, 06:36

I don't know - I do the Long Bridge Swim across Lake Pend d'Oreille in Idaho most years and they always play both the Star Spangled Banner and Oh Canada. This year they had singers.

If you swim, check it out

http://longbridgeswim.org/

jn

blackhawknj
10-01-2017, 07:47
I recall reading an article in National Review entitled : "Progressivism in the Boardroom"-showed a picture of Che in a suit and tie. It noted that so many of the top business executives are the children of the 60s and 70s-the "Me" decades, they grew up imbued with liberal values and attitudes and they think their wealth and control of capital gives them enough clout to impose their values on us. They need to remember that, as Milton Friedman put it, the rest of us are "Free to Choose" where to spend our dollars.

Ken The Kanuck
10-01-2017, 07:58
I think that it is great we pay respect to one another's country by the singing of one another's national anthem.

But this not the time for political protest.

KTK

dryheat
10-02-2017, 12:29
I think that it is great we pay respect to one another's country by the singing of one another's national anthem.

But this not the time for political protest.

KTK

That's what nice people do.