PDA

View Full Version : Another one Passed

S.A. Boggs
09-28-2017, 12:39
I was up at 0500 drinking my first cup when the phone rang, my BIL called to let us know that my wife's 92 YO Mother was passed on at 0430. Martha had Alzheimer's last 3 years and severe diabetic. Martha was a WAC stationed with the 8th Air Force from 43 on and did 3 years AF in Korea. She was an exceptional women, if you saw the movie, "Driving Miss Daisy" that was her to a T! I asked her what she did and all she said was that she "balanced" bombers and wouldn't elaborate any further. I think that seeing the bomber's and crews that she did the paperwork not return did something to her. All she said was that she hated England and what she saw and did.
Sam

JB White
09-28-2017, 02:41
Sorry to hear of your loss Sam. I hope St. Peter had the gates opened awaiting her arrival.

Speaking of another one passed... Two of my friends died in the past two weeks. The most recent was 75 and had been ill since I met him 12 years ago. He just stopped breathing.
The other was only 36 years old. Recovering from back surgery caused by a mishap on his job. He was doing fine. Went to lie down and didn't wake up. WTF? He wasn't a druggie or a heavy drinker. Very religious and all that knew him liked him. Awaiting autopsy results.
Mind blower....

It's been a busy summer for the Reaper. Neighbors, old schoolmates and coworkers, lodge brothers and sisters, extended family...they've been dropping like flies.
I had one of those sinus infection toothaches. The kind that hit like an electric shock and keep on shocking. (I'd rather pass a kidney stone) Seriously wondered if it was my turn at 2am.

Allen
09-28-2017, 05:24
...they've been dropping like flies.

Same here. Some halfway expected, others have died out of the blue. The most recent for me was my newly acquired son-in-law's father. He was 67 and visiting his mother. He saw something on the roof that needed attention and went up to make repairs. He fell off, broke a couple of ribs which punctured one of his lungs. He was rushed to the hospital where they put him in a IC unit, a week later he died from infection.

Sorry for the loss of your mother-in-law Sam. It sounds like she could have really told some stories if she would have.

TomSudz
09-28-2017, 08:18
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Please pass my condolences to the rest of the family. Sad to say, but with 3 years of Alzheimer's, she's much better off.

p246
09-29-2017, 07:44
Sorry for your loss Sam. The cycle of life is strange. Many good die young, but fortunately most live productive lives. I feel very privileged to live in a time that allowed me to meet and know so many from the greatest generation.