PDA

View Full Version : Question to an Electrician

tmark
09-17-2017, 08:24
We installed led lights to replace incandescent lights from our ceiling fans. We noticed that sometimes when when turn on the lights, the bulbs flicker or strobe. Why is that?

dryheat
09-17-2017, 10:49
http://www.ledsmagazine.com/articles/print/volume-12/issue-11/features/flicker/understand-the-lighting-flicker-frustration.html

togor
09-18-2017, 03:54
Electronics is my day job and I gotta say that article has a lot of happy talk in it. Bottom line is that some bulbs work better than others. If it bugs you too much you can try switching brands. The economies are such that they will use the cheapest possible driver circuit, on the edge of crappy, to optimize profitability.

Major Tom
09-18-2017, 05:27
Some light fixtures will not function correctly with some LED bulbs. Try a different bulb.

JB White
09-18-2017, 05:48
If your fixture is on a rheostat, that could also create problems when using LED bulbs.

Ken The Kanuck
09-18-2017, 06:33
Had the same thing happen, pulled off the cover and re-tightened the factory connections (plug connectors) one was a little loose. Pushed it in a bit and that solved the problem.

Good luck

KTK

S.A. Boggs
09-18-2017, 07:49
Had the same thing happen, pulled off the cover and re-tightened the factory connections (plug connectors) one was a little loose. Pushed it in a bit and that solved the problem.

Good luck

KTK
I do better then that, I just make sure that I have plenty of K-1 in my lamp.:icon_lol:
Sam